What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/1??
  Re: (...)
Wow, October!! What's on the menu for everyone today?

I have a little pkg. of scallops and shrimp in the freezer, so something with those, I'm thinking.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/1?? by cjs (Wow, October!! What'...)
Leftover grilled chicken and spanish rice.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/1?? by Trixxee (Leftover grilled chi...)
Food gawking for ideas now. It was going to be cabbage rolls with spicy sauce but I don't think I have enough cabbage.

Well, I think I've found it! I do have quite a few egg plants and I think this will work, I was defrosting ground turkey for the cabbage rolls anyway so I'll use that
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...ssaka-1432
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/1?? by farnfam (Food gawking for ide...)
I found an old (but don't think I've ever made it) recipe from an old book, "Healthy Heart, One-Dish." Have always liked the dishes from it.

Shrimp and Cabbage on Capellini (but I have 4 little orphan scallops that I'll sear and add to it. Yum!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/1?? by cjs (I found an old (but ...)
Peter is off to Scottsdale----his flight just took off---and we had a bite at the airport....Mugg and Bean. Nothing special...........I MISS him alreaady!!!

He is going to visit daughter Wendy and the "renowned one"---Chef James (son-in-law). Just a visit, just because. It has been two years since they have been together and even though he hates the traveling I think he will be happy once he arrives there and enjoys the dry heat.

I'm not sure what I will contribute for dinners in the next three+ weeks but I may be doing some recipes I know he does not care for.

Send those scallops to me, Jean----MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE seafood!!! I think I will do a freezer dive
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/1?? by Roxanne 21 (Peter is off to Scot...)
Since last night's dinner didn't happen (and the replacement was a "fail") I'm going to get the ribs and kraut in the oven on low before I go to work. I'm looking forward to this. I'm also going to take a lovely cabbage down and shove it in a freezer - stuffed cabbage (with more kraut) is on the menu. MMMMMMM.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/1?? by Harborwitch (Since last night's d...)
Well, for folks that don't have to have a lot of sauce with atheir pasta, this Shrimp (w/scallops) & Cabbage on Capellini has wonderful flavors of ginger, garlic and of course the seafood. We really liked it. And, at first I though will maybe some chix stock reduced for more of a sauce, but then decided I really like it as is!! The recipe says 4 servings @241 cal. per.

[Image: ShrimpScallopandCabbageonCapellini.jpg]
I can't cook scallops without clarified butter, so have to add a little for that...

I'm with you, Roxanne, we love scallops also.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/1?? by cjs (Well, for folks that...)
Scallops are delicious any time, any place, but seared is my favorite way to prepare them.

It's been raining all day, so we're having Sweet Onion Bisque, salad, and possibly grilled cheese sandwiches. The soup is one we had when we stayed at The Hermitage in Nashville last winter. It's incredible delicious and sooo simple. I wanted to try it in my slow cooker this time, but the slow cooker is at the lake. One of these days I'll get the urge to make this when the slow cooker and I are in the same place!!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/1?? by karyn (Scallops are delicio...)
OMG! You peoples are such bad influences! That Sweet Onion Bisque is in the future, as is Jean's Shrimp and Scallop dinner!

Jean, what's that recipe for the sauce?

Yay! More shrimp dishes!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/1?? by karyn (Scallops are delicio...)
That Bisque sounds DEEEEEElicious, Karyn! Thanks for the link.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?