What's for dinner Tues,, Oct. 2, 2012?
  Re: (...)
Thought I would start this thread.

I am going to cook the C@H recipe for Beef Stroganoff. The one that is dollaped with the Dilled Sour Cream!!

Oh we love this recipe!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait. Joe has a doctor appt, so this gives me and excuse to do a ton of cooking instead of working We will have a nice family meal tonight!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for dinner Tues,, Oct. 2, 2012? by luvnit (Thought I would star...)
And, we're going with pasta again, because I still have cabbage left and I so love this combination, for some reason.

Today, it's Ziti with cabbage, onions and balsamic vinegar - W.W. Italian book. Our later snack will be Couscous and veggie salad. Then no more pasta for a while.

Oh no, we have to have one more pasta dish - a frittata out of the Shrimp/Scallop dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tues,, Oct. 2, 2012? by cjs (And, we're going wit...)
It's cold and rainy here today, so I'm thinking of making "Ribollita" from the Silver Spoon. Could be subject to change though...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tues,, Oct. 2, 2012? by Mare749 (It's cold and rainy ...)
We scored at the farmers market Saturday so tonight is a sweet corn and pepper chowder. It's a soup I came up with for a friend's restaurant years ago - this time I'm going to add some amazing sweet corn and some shrimp.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tues,, Oct. 2, 2012? by Harborwitch (We scored at the far...)
Nice ideas you guys!! I'm getting REALLY hungry for something REALLY good! Tonight will be a very simple salad and a cheese omelet. LONELY!!!

Peter is in the air from London---another 9 hours to go---What a NIGHTMARE!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tues,, Oct. 2, 2012? by Roxanne 21 (Nice ideas you guys!...)
Freezer diving - meatballs and marinara for subs.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tues,, Oct. 2, 2012? by Trixxee (Freezer diving - mea...)
Good Morning!!

I am up to get ready for a Bunko nite.

So am busy making Appys and Dessert.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tues,, Oct. 2, 2012? by mjkcooking (Good Morning!![br][b...)
Babysitting all day so something in the crockpot sounded good.
Planning on doing this one
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/09/...-with.html
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tues,, Oct. 2, 2012? by farnfam (Babysitting all day ...)
Your soup sounds delicious, Sharon. I love almost any form of chowder.

I'd never though of cooking fish in the crockpot. I'll be interested to hear what you think, Cis.

We're having Three Cheese Pesto Lasagna Stacks. I harvested my basil and made a ton of pesto over the weekend, so this sounded really good to me.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tues,, Oct. 2, 2012? by karyn (Your soup sounds del...)
Fish in the crockpot, came out really well. I put them in frozen solid and they where perfect. The sauce and broccoli were a nice addition. Steamed potatoes and dinner was served
Cis
Empress for Life