What's for Dinner, Thurs?, 10/4/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

We're having soup and pizza panini - don't know the filling yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs?, 10/4/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Pizza Panini sounds interesting!

I'm cheating today because I know we'll be busy on a slavery poster for history. When I was at Trader Joe's last week they were having sampling of their chicken salad. Excellent! Nice big pieces of chicken, and just shredded carrots and green onions added. I will add some toasted almonds to it. Serving it on sweet hawaiian buns (toasted under the broiler) and homemade french fries.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/4/12?? by Trixxee (Pizza Panini sounds ...)
Not really hungry today-----sooo...I will probably do a snack thing---cheese and crackers, minestone soup (homemade and thawed leftover---FREEZER DIVE!!!!) and some rosa tomatoes with a nice vinagrette-----BORING!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/4/12?? by Roxanne 21 (Not really hungry to...)
...but good flavors, Roxanne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/4/12?? by cjs (...but good flavors,...)
That's encouraging!!! Thanks, Jean

Now let's see if it hits the palate!!!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/4/12?? by Roxanne 21 (That's encouraging!!...)
Isn't today Thursday, October 4? With all of the days off school I'm really confused!!! (It's Sukkot this week, and Shemini Atzerat and Simchat Torah next week, so we have a string of 3-day weeks!)

We're having grilled skirt steak with a jalapeno chimmichurri and grilled potatoes. Probably something green, too.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/4/12?? by karyn (Isn't today Thursday...)
You are so NOT confused, karyn----BUT the rest of us are--enjoy your celebrations. There are so many at this time of year------GO GIRL!!!!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/4/12?? by Roxanne 21 (You are so NOT confu...)
So, what's you point, Karyn??????????????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/4/12?? by cjs (So, what's you point...)
Jean, I am going to jump in here---there is a bit of confusion with the date and the day----you obviously stated the 4th of Oct, Thurs---and then the next post stated Wed the 4th----just a bit of a communication lapse somewhere.......it's still a WONDERFUL DAY!!!!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/4/12?? by Roxanne 21 (Jean, I am going to ...)
The corn and pepper chowder will hit the stove today. Bob is anxious, we're both off so I can get the corn grilled off and and get the soup going early.

If we get to town I've got to get some chocolate for "Eat Your Heart Out Brownies - I'm going to make "pops" instead of brownies. This should be fun!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!