T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12??
  Re: (...)
Got it correct today! What's on the menu for eveyone today?

I'm redoing a couple of recipes to make them healthier - the potato pesto pizza (which Roy claims is his favorite ever pizza!) and a stir-fry sauce for veggie. Why is miso so calorie laden?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? by cjs (Got it correct today...)
Cheating and having frozen Chicken Piccata from Sam's club. It is really good. I like it because it's really great tasting, AND it does NOT have the noodles already in it. I don't like most pasta dishes with the noodles already in it.

I just heat the saucey chicken and boil my own linguine. Yum.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? by luvnit (Cheating and having ...)
Freezer diving tonight...I have some sausage and jalapeno chili that just needs to be thawed, and I'll make some jalapeno cheddar cornbread to go with it. I like easy on a Friday night!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? by karyn (Freezer diving tonig...)
Yes, TGIF! I can actually cook something real tonight. Chicken Diane, ASPARAGUS, and because I'm sick of rice and pasta, stuffing (Stove Top - we love it). I guess that's not really real though. LOL.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? by Trixxee (Yes, TGIF! I can ac...)
I have just taken the calzones (spinach, chicken, boursin, asiago ---but I replace with parmesan---even though I could purchase asiago and artichoke hearts) out of the oven--they are resting and smell absolutely AWESOME!! I think a sauce may be called for here but I will comment on that after I devour what may be a possible winner! LATER!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? by Roxanne 21 (I have just taken th...)
Leftover Macs N Cheese fried up.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? by Roxanne 21 (I have just taken th...)
The calzones are to die for!!! The filling is nice and moist with just the right amount of each ingredient. It does need a sauce though---I think the smokey tomato sauce would be a great accompaniment. I did a simple EVOO with minced fresh basil and served a side of plum tomatoes. I will definitely do this again---for me. Peter will not be a fan even though he would be good sport and try it.

I had a problem with my dough though. I made my usual Neopolitan "real deal" recipe. It was not rising after 4 hours sooooo I put it outside because the weather was so beautiful and warm (I would normally place in a very low warm oven). Anyway----YUPPPP----a very thick, hard crust developed and the dough itself was a liquidy YUKKKK. THERE GOES MY CALZONES!!! Googled a quick easy recipe and found one that can be accomplished in 15 minutes---it was PERFECT!!! All's well that ends well--and yummy!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? by Roxanne 21 (The calzones are to ...)
Recipe please? For all the ingredients within the calzone, too?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? by Roxanne 21 (The calzones are to ...)
a calzone dough ready in 15 minutes, Roxanne? Care to share? Glad it worked out for you.

I reworked the pizza to my satisfaction and I'm going to post it separately in case we have any suggestions (additions) or comments on it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? by cjs (a calzone dough read...)
Steak night, grilled NY strips with tomato gastrique and a side of asparagus.

Barbara, here's what's inside the calzone.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...true#Post141443