What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/6/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm not sure - I do have an acorn squash ad there is a recipe from the B.B.&Corn book that I haven't made forever....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/6/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am so excited...in woodland ca right now and heading south to visit with my folks. Dad is BBQ'ing steaks!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/6/12?? by DFen911 (I am so excited...in...)
Shrimp and Cabbage over Cappelinni! Been dreaming about it since Jean posted it
Went shopping yesterday and bought some, ginger now I'm all set.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/6/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
A chicken with 40 cloves of garlic.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/6/12?? by BarbaraS (A chicken with 40 cl...)
Have a great time Denise. The weather sure did make a change down here!

Well, it's Mexican again. Third weekend in a row. This time it's pork chile verde. Going to try this recipe. Lots of bickering on the reviews about what constitutes "real" chile verde. I hate that. Just make the darn recipe if you want or not.

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chile_verde/
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/6/12?? by Trixxee (Have a great time De...)
Hope you like it, Daphne!

have a great time and travel safely!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/6/12?? by Trixxee (Have a great time De...)
I'm doing Italian Joes, but I have so much to do, I won't be serving them on Ciabatta. I figure I'll just get some Texas Toast and serve them open face. Salad on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/6/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing Italian Jo...)
I mean, "Hope you like it, Cis"
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/6/12?? by cjs (I mean, "Hope you li...)
My other calzone-----really gruesome day with the painters. We had a 12 hour day---I insisted that the job be completed===painting the dining room and media room---Monday I have refinishers coming in to work on my dining room floor-----NO PAINTING after the fact. The guys were really cool with staying to finish BUT I AM EXHAUSTED!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/6/12?? by Roxanne 21 (My other calzone----...)
We just got home from a few days in wine country. It got colder here, so we both wanted some kind of pasta dish. So, it's going to be "Mini Meatball Lasagna" from Cuisine Tonight for Two, and some stir-fried zucchini to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."