Dinner Sun. Oct. 7, 2012?
  Re: (...)
I have a busy week ahead and thought I would make a few things today and not have to cook all week. So on the agenda for today is:
  • African Chop Suey (MIL's recipe)
  • Pioneer Woman Sloppy Joes
  • Soup in the crockpot (getting rid of veggies and leftovers in the fridge)

The house is going to smell good today! My son loves days like this. He can taste and keep his belly full all day long!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Dinner Sun. Oct. 7, 2012? by luvnit (I have a busy week a...)
I'm doing something similar, Laura. My Baby Girl turns 25 today, and she will be coming to stay with us Tuesday night. I'm going to do steak dinner that night, so I thought I'd get some prep work done today. So I'll get the twice baked potatoes ready and part of the chopped salad done.

Dinner tonight is Taco Salad.

I totally forgot! I'm slow cooking the onions today for that Sweet Onion Bisque somebody posted the other day. That and Brie and Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches will be dinner tomorrow night. My house is going to be smelling good today, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sun. Oct. 7, 2012? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing something ...)
African Chop Suey (MIL's recipe)- The lighting in the living room is terrible when it's dark out. Is this in your cookbook?? (I can't see the book)

Brie and Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Oh man, it's going to be another of those days when everything sounds so good. We're going to have the B.B. & Corn stuffed acorn squash. Will be a corn day - later we'll have clam and corn chowder from the freezer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Sun. Oct. 7, 2012? by cjs (African Chop Suey (M...)
Jean's shrimp and cabbage recipe------flavors I love.....review coming later!!

That baby cabbage that was in the fridge DISAPPEARED so I will do tomorrow if I have a chance to get to the market. I would have gone today but shops close at 2:00 p.m. on Sundays I have nothing in the fridge that would come close to cabbage--I LOVE CABBAGE!!

Not really hungry anyway so will snack on something later if I do feel I need some sustenance.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Dinner Sun. Oct. 7, 2012? by Roxanne 21 (Jean's shrimp and ca...)
I've got the pork belly in the oven right now, and wow, does it smell great!
Thank's to Labs & Jean for the recipe.

Tonight from issue 93- Tandoori chicken thighs with grilled mango, jasmine rice and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sun. Oct. 7, 2012? by losblanos1 (I've got the pork be...)
I'm making these - one of Tony's favorites. I don't bother with the skewers. I'll serve them atop a broccoli slaw salad with a spicy peanut dressing I bought at Trader Joe's - super tasty dressing.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/p...ies-106518
  Re: Re: Dinner Sun. Oct. 7, 2012? by Trixxee (I'm making these - o...)
Well, I was right - everything sounds wonderful!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Sun. Oct. 7, 2012? by luvnit (I have a busy week a...)
Ravioli and meatballs with Caesar salad.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sun. Oct. 7, 2012? by cjs (African Chop Suey (M...)
Quote:

African Chop Suey (MIL's recipe)- The lighting in the living room is terrible when it's dark out. Is this in your cookbook?? (I can't see the book)

Yes Jean! This is in Grandma Behrendt's Cookbook. It's on my counter right now. It was a family favorite for years. I love it too.
Laura
  Re: Re: Dinner Sun. Oct. 7, 2012? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing something ...)
Quote:

I'm doing something similar, Laura. My Baby Girl turns 25 today, and she will be coming to stay with us Tuesday night. I'm going to do steak dinner that night, so I thought I'd get some prep work done today. So I'll get the twice baked potatoes ready and part of the chopped salad done.

Dinner tonight is Taco Salad.

I totally forgot! I'm slow cooking the onions today for that Sweet Onion Bisque somebody posted the other day.

I missed that! Sweet Onion Bisque! That sounds really yummy. My hubby and DS love onions. It would drive them crazy to smell them cooking in the slow cooker all day. I have to seek that one out.
Laura