What's for Dinner Tues., 10/9/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

I'm not sure yet. Safeway had a 3 day offer on Pork Loin Sirloin halves - $2.19/lb (reg. $4.29/lb.) so Roy picked up 2 for me. Steaks & pork, steaks & pork!!

I cut the bones off and smoked them yesterday lightly in Mesquite and I'm sticking them in the slow cooker this a.m. with some stock and see what I get. At least the house will smell good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner Tues., 10/9/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
New recipe for me - the chicken & tortellini soup from the Soups and Stews book tonight. Garlic bread on the side.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tues., 10/9/12?? by Trixxee (New recipe for me - ...)
I haven't made my favorite from that book in a long time - Zucchini-parm soup with red pepper mayo. Man, that's good.

I haven't made the chix/tortellini yet. looks good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tues., 10/9/12?? by cjs (I haven't made my fa...)
Another early meal for us, lentils over angel hair pasta. I found a can of Tomatoes, Okra and Corn, I'm thinking of adding it, making a balanced but meat free meal.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tues., 10/9/12?? by farnfam (Another early meal f...)
Jean's shrimp and cabbage----WOW!!!! that was a wonderful repast after the day I have had---won't go there

What an easy and flavorful dish this is---the texture with the cabbage---I was a little reluctant---but works beautifully YUMMMMMM! I will make this for Peter---I know he will like it even though he is not crazy about cabbage------------I used the green as well--AWESOME!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tues., 10/9/12?? by Roxanne 21 (Jean's shrimp and ca...)
It's that time of year when everyone is dusting off their soups, stews and chili cookbooks.
From the Splended Soups cookbook- Clam chowder with bacon bread crumbs and parmesan bread sticks.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tues., 10/9/12?? by losblanos1 (It's that time of ye...)
Thank you so much for testing the cabbage dish, Roxanne. It's a for sure in the book, so far we're 100% of folks likng it. Yeah!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tues., 10/9/12?? by cjs (Thank you so much fo...)
I was cold all morning so I decide to make coq au vin. Of course, as soon as I had the chicken nicely browned the sun came out. Now I wish I was grilling something! I'm sure it will be tasty regardless...
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tues., 10/9/12?? by karyn (I was cold all morni...)
I'm doing Chicken Pot Pie. It's cool and drizzly here, so comfort food made sense to me.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tues., 10/9/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing Chicken Po...)
Left over pulled pork, coleslaw, and maybe corn on the cob.

Bob took a plate load down to Chad yesterday - he couldn't say enough nice things about both and wants me making the dressing for the slaw again next year. It's going to be a fun winter!

Bob gave the last of the coleslaw to Chad. Pulled Pork sammies, corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!