What's for dinner Wed., 10/10/2012?
  Re: (...)
Tonight we are having a wonderful casserole our neighbor made for us! I am so excited. I think it's the sweetest thing!

It was probably a bribe for the $30 Hockey Benefit Wine-Tasting event coming up that he sold us. But little does he know that I would have purchased the tickets anyway He's a nice neighbor, we love him! And thanks to him, I don't have to cook tonight.

What is everyone else having?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for dinner Wed., 10/10/2012? by luvnit (Tonight we are havin...)
No decision for tonight's dinner, yet, but the stock I made over night is beautiful.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 10/10/2012? by labradors (No decision for toni...)
O.K., Labs, you just answered my question in another thread. You made stock with your bones. I bet it is good!

We're having the 2nd of the three dishes from the shredded pork bones - C@H's Splendid Soups, Vietnamese Noodle Soup subbing 6 oz. of the pork for the ground pork and adjusting the method a tad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 10/10/2012? by cjs (O.K., Labs, you just...)
Hmmmm... pho would be a good use for some of my stock, too. Great idea!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 10/10/2012? by labradors (Hmmmm... [i]pho[/i] ...)
We be goin' be, as they say, eating high off the hog, Labs!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 10/10/2012? by cjs (We be goin' be, as t...)
Have to pick up Katie and Abby from school today,(Holly has parent-teacher conferences tonight) so we will make one of their favorites, teriyaki chicken, steamed rice, and broccoli.

Pho sounds so good. Time to make some stocks for the freezer. Labs, did you use the oven method for cooking your stock?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 10/10/2012? by Mare749 (Have to pick up Kati...)
A real popular/famous food truck is going to be at a nearby high school tonight so Tony's picking up various tacos for us. Apparently this truck has been featured on all kinds of shows. We shall see if it lives up to the hype.

http://kogibbq.com/2009/08/tacos/
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 10/10/2012? by Trixxee (A real popular/famou...)
I've read about this food truck in different publications - I'd love to eat their fare!!!!! enjoy.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 10/10/2012? by Mare749 (Have to pick up Kati...)
Quote:

Labs, did you use the oven method for cooking your stock?

No. Just roasted the bones in the oven, coating them with tomato paste and adding the mirepoix part way through, then simmered it with a sachet in a stock pot on the stove over night.

Basically the same technique as for veal stock, but with the pork bones, instead (wish I COULD get veal bones - or veal, itself, for that matter).

Trixxee, Seoul Sausage is the food truck I'd like to try. They just won FoodNetwork's The Great Food Truck Race (after being the frontrunners almost every week) and their food sounds really good.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 10/10/2012? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I just looked at their website Labs and they won't be too far away from us on Saturday (about 20 minutes away) but at some strange large venue called KCONUSA. LOL. I will get Tony to follow them on twitter in the event they are easy to get to one of these days. Thanks!