Living Cookbook 2013 out in Beta
  Re: (...)
Wanted to let LC users that LC 2013 is out in Beta. Any licensed user can ask to participate in the Beta testing (Your old LC won't be affected at all.) It has a greet internal browser link to everylastrecipe.com that allows you to search for a recipe and download it directly into LC, no need to use RecipeFox or copy and paste.
  Re: Living Cookbook 2013 out in Beta by Cubangirl (Wanted to let LC use...)
I would love to participate, Alina, but am a bit leary since my computer is older. I have had no more problems with LC since that one time. What do you think and how do I go about signing up?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2013 out in Beta by Mare749 (I would love to part...)
I would but since they are not offering an iPad version I'm gonna stick with my Mac program. I wrote and asked if they were working on an iPad app and said not at this time, which I found disappointing since so many of us are using them.
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2013 out in Beta by Mare749 (I would love to part...)
You would have 2 copies of Living Cookbook on your computer at the same time, i.g. two databases. So if space is a problems then I would not do it. Otherwise, there is no downside. You go to Radium Forum, click on the 2013 Beta thread and follow the instructions (the one that says READ ME First). You send Lee an email with your license number and he sends you back a temporary 2013 license. You download from the link provided. It gives you a choice to use a backup to restore your recipes or it finds it from the 2011 database (I always chose to do a restore myself). You then use the program as you would 2011, making backups as you go along. When the beta is over you can choose to upgrade or not. Your backups will restore back to 2011. I am updating my 2011 as I go along, but then again that is the OCD part of me. There are super cool nutrition charts if that is something that interests you. The other piece is the direct download from everylastrecipe.com. One click does it.

So wander over to the Radium Forum and click on the Beta section (it is toward the bottom) and read and see if you want to participate. The iPad/iPhone is not out yet. It is somehow tied to everylastrecipe.com, but I can't figure out how yet. No beta to try yet on that, probably not until 2013 is out of beta and fully implemented would be my guess.
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2013 out in Beta by Cubangirl (You would have 2 cop...)
I will be purchasing a new computer soon and will probably be downloading the program soon. But like Denise, I haven't done so on my old computer, because I've been waiting for the iPad version.

I wonder if you have LC on your computer, if they will give you a deal on your iPad version when it comes out?

On the other hand, would I want to purchase it for both machines?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2013 out in Beta by Gourmet_Mom (I will be purchasing...)
My guess would be that you can have the desktop without the iPad but not the iPad without the desktop. My guess and it is just my gut feeling, no inside knowledge here, is that eventually the iPad and other tablet and phone apps will be cloud based with EveryLastRecipe.com as the start. Not all tablets have the power and the capacity to fun a full-fledged app like LC. So for now I'd guess you'd enter your recipes in the desktop, put all the info needed in Ingredients, techniques, etc. then you'd sync with the tablet. You could add or edit recipes at the tablet level. The new version of LC lest you automatically download recipes so that can be done on an iPad, but if you have to type old family recipes in, or edit a lot of recipes, that would be hard to do on the smaller tablets and almost impossible on an iPhone or other cell. So, you need the pc version to do the initial bulk of the work.

There are great nutrition charts in 2013, not sure some tablets would support those either.

In so far as cost, there has always been a break for upgrading, as well as a break for buying multiple licenses, so I would imagine that there would be a break for the IOS app as well. No info yet on pricing. everylastrecipe.com, by the way is free for every to use as a dedicated search engine for recipes.