What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all?

Don't know for sure yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Leftover chicken tortellini soup from Tuesday. I'm hoping there's a 1/2 baguette hiding in my freezer so I don't have to go to the store. If not, I have some frozen naan. I'm not picky about which bread product I have with soup.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? by Trixxee (Leftover chicken tor...)
Pea soup and pepper jack grilled sandwiches oh and the bread from the crockpot if it turns out
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? by farnfam (Pea soup and pepper ...)
We will want to hear more about that, Cis.

I made a big pot of old-fashioned beef stew so that I could have my dad over for dinner tonight and send him home with a couple of containers for the freezer. I also made two loaves of homestyle bread, one to have with dinner and one to send home with him. Oh, and old-fashioned apple crisp for dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I am making a very old recipe, Sicilian Meat Roll. Basicially an Italian flavored meatloaf stuffed with ham and Mozzarella. We used to make this for company a lot. With a baked Fettucini Alfredo, pull apart loaf, and salad.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? by luvnit (I am making a very o...)
I did the sweet onion bisque----WOW!!! How easy to make and great flavors!! The only addition I had was a bit of garlic powder---------bounced the taste a bit.

I did not do the brie sandwich---but I did do an
Emmenthaler---------perfect dinner for an incredibly dismal day! Not having a great time with the projects I planned while Peter is away---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? by Roxanne 21 (I did the sweet onio...)
The girls are coming over tonight, so it's comfort food.
Meatloaf muffins, Goat cheese/chive mashed potatoes and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? by losblanos1 (The girls are coming...)
If for nothing else, it would be nice for Peter to be with you for moral support...knockers up - you will survive and overcome!!! You are WOMAN, woman.

I made the darndest soup today and it was really good!!
1 can Progresso Light Beef Pot Roast Soup
3/4 can of refried beans (saved a little for a breakfast burrito treat tomorrow a.m.)
1 can Black Beans
~2/3 cup of leftover grain mixture.

It was a nice thick wintry soup and we sure enjoyed it - but, this is waIting for us for later. My neighbor mentioned the chocolate pie his mother used to make for him and do you think I could get that darn thing out of my mind????

[Image: chocolatepieOct1112.jpg]

No whipped cream or meringue and it's a low-cal, low-fat thing, BUT IT'S A CHOCOLATE PIE!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Well, a mish mash. In my fridge, stuff that needed to be used immediately: grilled asparagus with sea salt and lemon zest, the rest of my grape tomatoes, 1 pork chop, ciligienne, some steamed pea pods, a tiny bit of grated Peccorino and some fresh oregano. And one pizza crust (Jean's) pulled from the freezer.

In the oven now.

Sounds good (and frugal) to me!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? by pjcooks (Well, a mish mash. ...)
Tonight is Baby Girl's Birthday Dinner: Pioneer Woman's New York Chopped Salad (15 ingredients individualized and chopped just for you), twice baked potatoes, and fillet mignon with balsamic reduction.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.