What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/16/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I don't know what we're having yet, but it's going to be something that is NOT rich! Something soothing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/16/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Not a clue---or maybe a salad type of something.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/16/12?? by Roxanne 21 (Not a clue---or mayb...)
I have leftover cheesy potato soup that is actually almost like a sauce because you coarsely mash the potatoes so I might just heat up a little bit of that over some type of pasta (penne or rigatoni) and top it with a little sliced chicken breast.

Must be a small serving though. Waistline seems to be expanding by the day! And in anticipation of that meal, I think I better just have a piece of tilapia for lunch.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/16/12?? by Trixxee (I have leftover chee...)
If someone would help me remember which issue it is in, I have every thing to make the vanilla pears and pork chop dish.
I know I have the issue, but which is it???
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/16/12?? by farnfam (If someone would hel...)
I'm never sure what issue it's in Cis but I found the basic recipe on Noble Pig. They have adapted it from C@H so there are probably a couple of minor changes because of copyright issues.

http://noblepig.com/2009/11/vanilla-cide...wild-rice/
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/16/12?? by Trixxee (I'm never sure what ...)
Taht recipe is just heaven! Made it last Saturday and the kitchen smelled so wonderful. Tomorrow I'll bring in the leftovers and terrorize my co-workers!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/16/12?? by Trixxee (I'm never sure what ...)
Here is the one I've copied, so that you can compare the two.

Vanilla Cider Pork With Pears

Melt Butter; Add:
3 Tbs unsalted butter
3 Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and quartered
Season; Dredge in Flour and Saute:
1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed, sliced into twelve 1-inch-thick medallions, seasoned
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Combine and Deglaze Pan; Brint to a Boil:
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup hard apple cider
1/3 cup heavy cream
Add; Boil and Reduce by Half:
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pears and saute until lightly browned; remove from pan.

2. Season pork with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour. Saute medallions for 2 minutes on each side in the same pan the pears were sauteed in; remove from pan.

3. Combine broth, cider, and cream; add to the pan to deglaze. Bring to a boil.

4. Add vanilla pod and seeds. Boil until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Return pears and pork to the pan along with any accumulated juices. Boil until thick, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper before serving.

Servings: 6
Yield: 12 medallions

Tips
Serve with Walnut Wild Rice
Source: (Cuisine at home, October 2004, Issue 47, p. 34)
------------------------------------------------

ETA: Almost forgot dinner! Tonight will be a copycat recipe of Olive Garden's Zuppa, but mine will be made with Italian turkey sausage to save calories.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/16/12?? by Mare749 (Here is the one I've...)
Fell back on an favorite - pizza. I'm playing with a 2-day fermented dough, so used 1/4 of it today. Didn't want anything rich, so went with these topping and wow, great flavor.

Cannellini beans, smashed and mixed with 1 tsp. chopped capers, 3 large cloves roasted garlic, lots of pepper and the goop from the baking sheet I baked a lonely little chicken breast (seasoned with truffle salt and Laura's seasoned pepper) on.
Very little of the cheese: mozz, smoked gruyere, parm & romano
chicken slices
tomato slices
red onion slices.

[Image: 2012-10-16014533.jpg]

Just what we were looking for.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/16/12?? by cjs (Fell back on an favo...)
Jean, I'd like to order one for delivery, and make it a large, please! Outstanding!

Tonight's dinner is an old favorite- Jalapeno beef with tortilla chili sauce over mashed potatoes.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/16/12?? by losblanos1 (Jean, I'd like to or...)
You got it!!
www.achefsjourney.com