TGIF 10/19 - Dinner?
  Re: (...)
I think Jean and company might still be asleep so I'll start today's dinner thread!

I am going to make the cilantro scampi from one of the Cuisine Tonight issues (the one with the tortilla crusted chicken on the cover) and will serve it soft taco style. I'll make a little slaw and top them with cotija cheese. Yum!
  Re: TGIF 10/19 - Dinner? by Trixxee (I think Jean and com...)
Good idea, Trixxee! It could be a while before we hear from any of them today.

I'm thinking of making "Thai Red Curry Turkey" from Cuisine Tonight for Two, but it's not written in stone. I have to go to the store for a few things and could easily get side-tracked.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: TGIF 10/19 - Dinner? by Mare749 (Good idea, Trixxee! ...)
Chicken piccata with a salad.......something easy but tasty.

What is cotija cheese similar to?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: TGIF 10/19 - Dinner? by Roxanne 21 (Chicken piccata with...)
Roxanne - I think it's similar to feta in both taste and texture (crumbles nicely).
  Re: Re: TGIF 10/19 - Dinner? by Trixxee (Roxanne - I think it...)
Cooking with a friend we are planning cabbage rolls and pirogues . And this lovely orange semolina cake that she makes will be for dessert.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: TGIF 10/19 - Dinner? by Trixxee (I think Jean and com...)
We are up, well fed, bubbly & bloody mary'ed! Potato and crab cakes for breakfast with Jean's fruit salad & 18 hour bread toast!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: TGIF 10/19 - Dinner? by Harborwitch (We are up, well fed,...)
Sounds as though you guys are having a REALLY GREAT time together-----GOOD ON YA!!!! Good food, fun and friends---HEAVEN!!!!
  Re: Re: TGIF 10/19 - Dinner? by Trixxee (Roxanne - I think it...)
Thanks, Trixxie--- very interesting dish, indeed!!
  Re: Re: TGIF 10/19 - Dinner? by Harborwitch (We are up, well fed,...)
Quote:

We are up, well fed, bubbly & bloody mary'ed! Potato and crab cakes for breakfast with Jean's fruit salad & 18 hour bread toast!

For BREAKFAST?????

OMG!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: TGIF 10/19 - Dinner? by farnfam (Cooking with a frien...)
Cis,

I saw the cutest thing today while shopping at Wegmans - miniature cabbage heads. Seriously! They were the size of a baseball. What a great idea!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.