Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12??
  Re: (...)
Whew, almost forgot.

We're having freezer food all day - stew for lunch and Corn/clam chowder for later.

No cooking today - giving the poor stove a rest.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? by cjs (Whew, almost forgot....)
I bought a pumpkin a week or maybe even two weeks ago so, having that tonight in a chicken curry
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? by farnfam (I bought a pumpkin a...)
Just a garden vegetable soup with crackers----got my cholesterol results today---NOT TOO GOOD Gotta change my diet a bit---that should do the trick....GEESH!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? by Roxanne 21 (Just a garden vegeta...)
Leftovers....perfect roasted chicken (the wings were so good and crisp - two bad there are only two on a bird), stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and asparagus (still on sale for $1.99/lb and looks good).

Oops, I mean "too" bad. Can't spell or use correct grammar today.
  Re: Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? by Trixxee (Leftovers....perfect...)
We had to stop at Safeway to get gas - we got some ground turkey and some other odds and ends. Then a stop at Sunny Farms (it is affiliated with the one in Othello Jean) and got beautiful Brussels sprouts on the "hoof", leeks, beets, a beautiful crusty loaf of whole grain bread, "savory clams", 2 beautiful fennel bulbs, and some other goodies. Then a stop at Trader Joe's for some wine (a lovely Vihno Verde to go with the clams).

If all goes as planned, steamed clams with crusty bread, turkey meatloaf, horseradish mashed potatoes, and brussels sprouts. Otherwise it's going to be pasta with the steamed clams and fennel with the crusty bread. Oh my! I'm so inspired to create wonderful stuff.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? by Trixxee (Leftovers....perfect...)
Pressed pork belly with thyme-garlic sauce, potato confit and *drumroll* asparagus ($2.99 a pound).
  Re: Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? by losblanos1 (Pressed pork belly w...)
Well, I have just been working and working my fingers to the bone. So I put a Pioneer Woman Enchiladas dish from the freezer into the oven, and making a batch of rice to go with it.

Oh, and wine... must have wine
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? by luvnit (Well, I have just be...)
Must have wine!
  Re: Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? by Harborwitch (Must have wine!...)
Put a nice rump roast in the oven with some veggies for dinner here's hoping it'll get done in time...hoping I wasn't at Costco too long
  Re: Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? by DFen911 (Put a nice rump roas...)
I swear to God I can smell it! mmmmmmmmmmm.