New Issue No. 96 November/December 2012
  Re: (...)
Arrived today. Only did a quick scan, but found a couple of recipes that I will want to try: Seared Scallops with apple-raisin sauce and Curried Polenta, Hot Pepper Jelly, Butternut Squash and Sausage Cannelloni with Arugula & Fig Salad, Tuscan Pork Loin Roast, and Alfajores, which are Dulce de Leche Sandwich Cookies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: New Issue No. 96 November/December 2012 by Mare749 (Arrived today. Only ...)
Hmmm, curried polenta sounds interesting. Made polenta last weekend for the first time in ages, don't know why I don't do it more often. We both love it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 96 November/December 2012 by cjs (Hmmm, curried polent...)
I JUST received Issue 95.......TODAY!!!! WHHAAAAA!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 96 November/December 2012 by Roxanne 21 (I JUST received Issu...)
Got the issue today. I'm glad I renewed my subscription now. I was disappointed in the last issue but this one looks promising. I'd like to try:

Roasted game hens with herb butter (I would use bone-in skin-on chicken breasts.
Winter Vegetable Trio
Tenderloin Tips with mushroom cream sauce
Orange Buttermilk Panna Cotta (this has Blane's name all over it)
Pesto Cheese Stuffed Shells (I think we will make this this weekend as I've been wanting to make stuffed shells ever since Erin mentioned it recently)
Butternut Squash & Sausage Cannelloni
Cherry Almond Turnover Cookies
Homemade Breakfast Sausage Patties
Slow Cooker Beef Brisket w/Cilantro Chimichurri
Orange Coconut Shrimp
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 96 November/December 2012 by Trixxee (Got the issue today....)
Sorry, but it's a "Meh" book again for me. I showed the Hubby the "Wilted Kale with Garlic" recipe and although he truly wants to try Kale, wilted is not the state he wants.

But the Tuscan Pork Loin looks like a do, I'd just have to halve it for us.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 96 November/December 2012 by BarbaraS (Sorry, but it's a "M...)
There are two ways to do kale - wilted, or cook the crap out of it. LOL.
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 96 November/December 2012 by Trixxee (There are two ways t...)
Well said, Trixxee

Nothing here, yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 96 November/December 2012 by cjs (Well said, Trixxee [...)
Trixxee, I like several you mentioned. I will have to check my box tomorrow!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 96 November/December 2012 by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, I like seve...)
Have you tried Kale chips?
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 96 November/December 2012 by Cubangirl (Have you tried Kale ...)
This is a post from Barbara -

"Just got the new issue! They say on the cover that there's 16 years of issues available now - the first issue premiered in Jan/Feb 1997!

Will be looking through it for new ideas.

Barbara"

-----------

I was going to make this a sticky, but wouldn't we want to start it with reviews since this one is already one page long - it'll end up being a long sucker. ?????

----
My copy came today.
www.achefsjourney.com