Focaccia bread using 18 hr. no-knead dough
  Re: (...)
Not sure if it was just a stroke of good luck today or what, but my focaccia bread turned out fantastic. Ron could not stop talking about how good the Cobb Salad Muffuletta was, but especially the bread. Naturally, I was delighted.

So, last night I made the 18 hr. no knead bread dough following the original directions. Around noon today, (only 13 hrs. later) I folded the dough over four times in the bowl using a spatula, covered it back up, and let it rest for 15 minutes. Using a rubber spatula again, I dumped the dough out on my bread board, sprinkled with flour and stretched it out on each side. Then, folded it up like an envelope again, sprinkled with a little flour, and covered it up for 30 minutes. I put a liberal amount of olive oil on the cookie sheet and pushed the dough out into a large oval, maybe an inch thick, drizzled a little more olive oil, dimpled the dough, sprinkled with a tiny bit of sea salt and rosemary.

I let the dough sit there while preheating the oven to 500 degrees. After putting the bread in the oven, I turned it down to 450 and baked it for 20 minutes. The flavor was fantastic, and the bread was light, but chewy.
[Image: CobbSaladMuffuletta.jpg]
  Re: Focaccia bread using 18 hr. no-knead dough by Mare749 (Not sure if it was j...)
Looks yummy, Maryann! I want to get back into making bread and pasta!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Focaccia bread using 18 hr. no-knead dough by Gourmet_Mom (Looks yummy, Maryann...)
Looks great Maryann. Sounds like you've got the system down pat!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Focaccia bread using 18 hr. no-knead dough by farnfam (Looks great Maryann....)
Wow, thanks Maryann - what a great idea! I'm following your lead today and get some going. I can almost smell bread baking from here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Focaccia bread using 18 hr. no-knead dough by cjs (Wow, thanks Maryann ...)
It looks fabulous! I did something similar, using the 18 hour bread, but added some oil cured sun dried tomatoes to it. cooked it on a sheet pan, and it was very good. Time to start making bread again!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Focaccia bread using 18 hr. no-knead dough by cjs (Wow, thanks Maryann ...)
I've never made the 18 hr no knead bread that you guys rave about. I think I will try this next time my adopted sons (service guys, single, parents live a bit away) come for dinner. They have bottomless pits for stomachs----
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Focaccia bread using 18 hr. no-knead dough by farnfam (Looks great Maryann....)
Quote:

Looks great Maryann. Sounds like you've got the system down pat!

Fingers crossed! I can't tell you how many times I've made focaccia and it just didn't turn out that well. It seems like it would be the easiest thing in the world to make but I could never get the crumb right.

With the 18 hr.dough, you get a light and airy crumb that is full of holes, and you get the added bonus of a nice chewy crust.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Focaccia bread using 18 hr. no-knead dough by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Maryann, what size baking sheet did you use? Mine are 1/2 sheets 12X18" or 1/4 sheets 9X13" I do have someother wierd baking sheets.

I have my 18 hour bread going!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Focaccia bread using 18 hr. no-knead dough by cjs (Maryann, what size b...)
Jean, my baking sheets are 12x18, but I didn't push out the dough to the corners. I pressed it into an oval that was 1/2 to 1-inch thick. Don't know exactly, just eye-balled it till it looked about right. With a light sprinkle of coarse sea salt and fresh rosemary to finish. Oh my!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Focaccia bread using 18 hr. no-knead dough by Mare749 (Jean, my baking shee...)
thanks Maryann!
www.achefsjourney.com