T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/26/12???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I made a bastardized version of Deva's chili yesterday and the large dish of pasta and I want to make a couple more large dishes today so I'll have some leftovers to eat from. I haven't worked on any cookbooks for it seems weeks! Need some down time from cooking.

But, not sure what I'll fix - maybe get some ideas from you all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/26/12??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I think the beet pasta and a carrot/fennel/apple slaw. I'm just not sure.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/26/12??? by Harborwitch (I think the beet pas...)
Still have the chicken breasts left from when I broke down that chicken to use the legs and thighs for last-night's Honey-Garlic Chicken. Am considering tempura chicken strips with tempura veggies (esp. the carrot and onion combination that I love so much), but I'm not sure if I want to do the deep frying. Maybe I'll just try some new experiment, instead.

Also, I have to make that Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Soup. Thought I had everything, yesterday, but didn't have enough heavy cream and had forgotten to get milk. Shall get those missing ingredients and make this tonight, regardless of what I prepare with the chicken.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/26/12??? by labradors (Still have the chick...)
Steak Diane with mashed potatoes and asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/26/12??? by losblanos1 (Steak Diane with mas...)
I think we're getting Mexican to go.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/26/12??? by Trixxee (I think we're gettin...)
We're in big trouble - we ate the entire loaf of 18-hour focaccia in 24 hours!!!!

[Image: PulledChixSand2.jpg]

Pulled Chicken sandwiches finished it off.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/26/12??? by cjs (We're in big trouble...)
Yummy. Maybe I'll revisit this 18 hr bread, UNH has curtailed Monday and Tuesday because of the storm. Hope I have better luck this time!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/26/12??? by cjs (We're in big trouble...)
Quote:

we ate the entire loaf of 18-hour focaccia in 24 hours

Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/26/12??? by pjcooks (Yummy. Maybe I'll r...)
Got the rest of the things I needed for the soup, but didn't get to dinner prep until late. Wound up making what could, possibly, be called a "Scarborough-Fair, Inside-Out-Cordon-Bleu-Style Chicken."

I say it that way because I first laid out a big slice of deli Virginia ham, added a slice of cheddar (not Swiss, so not a true Cordon Bleu), sprinkled on some parsley, sage, rosemary and time (hence the "Scarborough Fair") and rolled up the chicken breast inside of that (hence the "inside-out"). It was further distanced from a true Cordon Bleu by my not pounding out the chicken or breading the whole thing. Instead, I just pinned the ham to the chicken with toothpicks and baked the whole thing. Delicious.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/26/12??? by labradors (Got the rest of the ...)
Just took my 18 hour bread out of the oven. I did it hearth style by forming it and putting it onto a baking stone.

Have some veggies that were canned with fresh tomatoes almost like a soup starter. So I added 2 chicken breasts that I boiled with herbs and the shredded. Gonna mop it all up with some of this bread