What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/27/12?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

We're having date night today - going to a matinee of Argo, then shop at Costco and come back to town for dinner at one of the nicer restaurants, Michael's. We have two dinner coupons from them for Roy's B'day (11/1) and our anniversary (11/22) - so better start using them up.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/27/12? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have fun, Jean! We're having a flank steak stuffed with red pepper pesto. I'll probably serve risotto and green beans as sides.
  Re: Re: Wat's for Dinner, Sat., 10/27/12? by karyn (Have fun, Jean! We'r...)
We are having the stuffed shells with pesto mixed into the ricotta mixture from the new issue, and a salad.

Have fun Jean! Sounds good Karyn!
  Re: Re: Wat's for Dinner, Sat., 10/27/12? by Trixxee (We are having the st...)
Oh, my! Stuffed shells sure does sound good! I picked up tenderloin for BG last night, but she's not coming until tomorrow. Now that Trixxee mentioned stuffed shells, it's a toss up when I'll have the steaks. But both will be on the weekend menu. I know! I'll let her pick!

Have fun, Jean and Roy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wat's for Dinner, Sat., 10/27/12? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, my! Stuffed she...)
One huge rib-eye to split between us. Potato/sweet potato sides and salads with blue cheese dressing.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Wat's for Dinner, Sat., 10/27/12? by BarbaraS (One huge rib-eye to ...)
I'm copying Jean's pulled chicken sandwich that she posted yesterday. That will be the end of the focaccia bread, for a little while anyway.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/27/12? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have fun Jean & Roy!

I'm not making any firm plans. Ran out of 1 of my meds, Bob forgot to run in for them, and the pharmacy isn't open until Monday. It could be interesting. Hopefully not.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wat's for Dinner, Sat., 10/27/12? by Harborwitch (Have fun Jean & Roy!...)
OOOps, take care Sharon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wat's for Dinner, Sat., 10/27/12? by cjs (OOOps, take care Sha...)
Uh-oh, hope all will be well Sharon. Do you have Kaiser? We just switched to them due to Tony's recent job change and I'm going to have to be on top of the prescription refills as the pharmacy is only open from 8:30-5:00 M-F. I'm used to being able to just pick up an Rx on a whim.
  Re: Re: Wat's for Dinner, Sat., 10/27/12? by Harborwitch (Have fun Jean & Roy!...)
Happy B'day to Roy and Happy anniversary to the both of you. Have a wonderful day!
It's my wife's turn to cook and she has selected Margaret Fox's Huevos Rancheros from issue #50.