Question for Pizza Makers
  Re: (...)
Question for pizza makers –

When using a food processor for making pizza dough -
1. How long do you process for the initial combining of ingredients?
2. If you allow the processor to replace kneading (can you do this?), how long do you allow the machine to run?
3. After removal from machine, do you carry on with the raising and/or storing?

I think I used the processor 100 years ago, but I rarely even use my mixer anymore, I so love the hand making process, so I need a little help here with instructions.

Guess I could search C@H for pizza instructions, maybe they have a processor method.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Question for Pizza Makers by cjs (Question for pizza m...)
I use the food processor for pizza dough and bread! I do let the food processor take the place of the kneading and I only let it run for 25 seconds at the most. Then I place it in a well oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Question for Pizza Makers by farnfam (I use the food proc...)
25 seconds overall, Cis??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Question for Pizza Makers by cjs (25 seconds overall, ...)
Yes, The longer you knead, the smoother and finer the texture of the bread will be, this is not what we're looking for in pizza or focaccia so you don't process very long for those
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Question for Pizza Makers by farnfam (Yes, The longer you ...)
I did not know that - Thanks Cis.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Question for Pizza Makers by cjs (I did not know that ...)
I've only used it once or twice. I pulsed it to get it combined and let run only long enough after for it to ball up. I would guess 25 seconds would be about right.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Question for Pizza Makers by Gourmet_Mom (I've only used it on...)
That's about all the time I give it. Just enough to ball up and then into an oiled bowl to rise. That's it. I don't normally have room for the KA so the Cuisinart has to fill in.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!