Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12??
  Re: (...)
What's for spooky night dinner??

I'm so not very exciting right now - I was in the middle of something yesterday, so Roy picked up a Subway for us. We'll have the chili pasta today.

And, I'm making 3 pizza doughs....wonder if we'll get tired of pizza this time around.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? by cjs (What's for spooky ni...)
I don't know what to have. This is sort of an anniversary for us and I would like to make something easy AND special. Of course I am at a loss right now, and no good ideas are coming to me. I hope to get some inspiration from others!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? by luvnit (I don't know what to...)
What do you have on hand, Laura - we can put together a dinner for you!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? by cjs (What do you have on ...)
Our usual Pre-trickortreat meal. Take and bake pizza.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? by esgunn (Our usual Pre-tricko...)
If we are feeling better and up to it, I'm looking at the balsamic-glazed chicken with baby greens polenta from the Quick & Easy Menu book. However I won't be making the polenta - I don't have anything on hand for that. I'd have to sub another starch.

The chicken looks super easy to make.
  Re: Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? by Trixxee (If we are feeling be...)
Ovenfried Swai fish, zucchini fritters and mango salsa. That using everything in the fridge that needs to be used before shopping tomorrow
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? by cjs (What do you have on ...)
Quote:

What do you have on hand, Laura - we can put together a dinner for you!!!

Darn, that would have been fun!

I found a C@H recipe for Authentic Hungarian Goulash in the Soups book. So I went out to get the makings for that. I can make it and have it ready when the trick or treaters come back from their roundsSmile

(I also made another batch of that Trisha Yearwood's Chicken Tortilla Soup. I just can't get it out of my mind!)
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Tonight is church night, so we'll be eating up leftovers.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Tonight is church ni...)
I am going to roast a chicken - thinking a "buffalo" baste, Potato & Fennel Gratin, and a simple salad with blue cheese dressing.

I just finished making a bunch of "Eat Your Heart Out Brownies" cake pops. Next is a Bourbon Ganache.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Tonight is church ni...)
I'll be grillin' in the rain again tonight- Cubano burgers with tater tots or French fries.