What's for Dinner Wednesday, 11/7?
  Re: (...)
I have a feeling Jean is really busy with her cooking project this week so I'll start!

Trying something new - the turkey tenderloins with marmalade sauce from the Cuisine Lite book (though I'm using boneless chicken breasts). A green salad and baked potato wedges as the sides.
  Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 11/7? by Trixxee (I have a feeling Jea...)
Thanks for doing this, Trixxee!!

NO MORE BIRTHDAYS FOR A WHILE!!

We're having a big (so we'll have leftovers) pot of Linguine with tomatoes, spinach and Cannellinis. Hope there is bread in the freezer, haven't even looked.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 11/7? by cjs (Thanks for doing thi...)
Did a fried chicken with a caarrot salad as a side. His appetite is returning----especially that sweet tooth!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 11/7? by Roxanne 21 (Did a fried chicken ...)
Carrot salad? carrots and raisins?? Wow, I haven't had that for a couple of years!! My mom made it all my life - dressing of mayo, sugar and milk - is that similar to your salad, Roxanne?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 11/7? by cjs (Carrot salad? carrot...)
I have babyback ribs in a slow oven that will get finished on the grill when Ron gets home. Ron makes his own sauce now, but still uses Sweet Baby Ray's for the base. Oh, and we will start with potato soup and a green salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 11/7? by Mare749 (I have babyback ribs...)
Maryann - can you find Mr.Stubbs (original)? There isn't anything nasty in it - and OMG it tastes so good!

I think we're having left over spaghetti!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 11/7? by Harborwitch (Maryann - can you fi...)
Trixxee, I made that recipe with chicken and it's delicious.

Tonight I'm trying a new recipe from the 'Simply Classic' cookbook that I recieved last week- Madison Park Pork Medallions with a veggie side, either julienned carrots or asparagus.

Right now I have to go wash a mountain of dishes left over from last nights B'day dinner. ~Blane, why didn't you use paper plates ya big dummy?~
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 11/7? by Harborwitch (Maryann - can you fi...)
Sharon,

I use "Stubb's Rub", but found the sauce more on the savory side than sweet and hot. I prefer "Bone Suckin' Sauce" - the thicker version and "Funnibonz".

I have yet to make that Cherry Cola sauce I copied form somewhere from someone on this board.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 11/7? by BarbaraS (Sharon,[br][br]I use...)
The cherry cola is wonderful on ribs!! and I used it on something else, also.
www.achefsjourney.com
Quote:

Maryann - can you find Mr.Stubbs (original)? There isn't anything nasty in it - and OMG it tastes so good!

I think we're having left over spaghetti!

Yes, Sharon, I've seen it in the stores, but since somebody is so picky about his BBQ sauce, we haven't tried it yet.

His latest favorite concoction involves equal parts Sweet Baby Ray's and Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce, with a heavy spoonful or two of hot chili garlic sauce.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."