T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/9/12??
  Re: (...)
Sorry, almost forgot to post this - what's on the menu for everyone?

Leftovers again for us - think I'll make a frittata with the last of the pasta dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/9/12?? by cjs (Sorry, almost forgot...)
Either chicken drumsticks, baked somehow, or a dish from Closet Cooking (love his blog) - chicken breasts, fresh tarragon, mustard, mushrooms, cream. Whatever we don't have tonight we'll probably have tomorrow night.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/9/12?? by Trixxee (Either chicken drums...)
I'm baking the meatloaf we were suppose to have yesterday. Due to a crazy afternoon, didn't end up cooking at all and ordered Chinese take-out.

So, it's the BBQ-Glazed Meatloaf, smashed red potatoes and green beans from Cuisine Tonight for Two.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/9/12?? by Mare749 (I'm baking the meatl...)
I am making penne alla vecchia bettola per Ina tonight. It smells good and sounds good....Hope it is....A green salad to go along.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/9/12?? by jayneCA (I am making penne al...)
Mrs. Blane (Carylann) chose steak last night for her B'day dinner, so tonight we'll have the Grilled Sockeye Salmon with a lemon-garlic butter sauce and asparagus.
For dessert I'll give her the piece of B'day cake that I hid in the pantry and totally forgot about. It's from the Safeway bakery.

[Image: Chocolatecake.jpg]
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/9/12?? by losblanos1 (Mrs. Blane (Carylann...)
Nice looking cake Blane! I could use a piece of that right about now.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/9/12?? by luvnit (Nice looking cake Bl...)
We went with Grandmother's meatballs again - with noodles and the Penzey's carrots. Now to take another bowl of meatballs down to Chad. Another fan is born!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/9/12?? by Harborwitch (We went with Grandmo...)
Peter's birthday---I had him choose between duck or turkey. He was away for our anniversary--I would have done the duck thing then but promised that I would soon after his return. Turkey it was---not the whole traditional thang just sweet potatoes, peas, stuffing and cranberry sauce. Ricotta pear tart for dessert.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/9/12?? by Roxanne 21 (Peter's birthday---I...)
Happy late birthday to Peter and we're all glad he's home with our Roxanne!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/9/12?? by cjs (Happy late birthday ...)
Happy late birthday, Peter!

I was exhausted, so steak night was the perfect solution.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.