Monday's Dinner, 11/12/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone.

I thawed out steaks yesterday for today - that and grilled or baked fries and if enough energy, a salad.

We had a wonderfully successful wine weekend, but it's been a long time since I've worked that hard 2 days in a row plus prepping. Whew. The crowds were wonderful and all but 3 of my 88 copies of the crisp recipe were taken.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/12/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Thick cut pork chops, scalloped potatoes, and a romaine salad. Very simple.

Put your feet up Jean! You deserve a break.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/12/12?? by luvnit (Thick cut pork chops...)
I think I'm leaning towards a chicken and vegetable stir fry type of dish with a yet to be determined peanut sauce. I have got to up my vegetable intake and I think this will do the trick for today anyway. I might serve it over a small amount of pasta or just serve it by itself. I am tired of rice right now.

I just remembered an idea I used a few years ago. Will serve over 25 cent ramen noodles.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/12/12?? by luvnit (Thick cut pork chops...)
Well done, Jean! Time to put the feet up for a day and catch up on some reading.

Our gorgeous weather is gone. Dark, gloomy and rain here. So, I'm thinking comfort food; possibly Lasagna Soup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/12/12?? by Mare749 (Well done, Jean! Tim...)
I have no idea! Hoping for inspiration!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/12/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (I have no idea! Hop...)
The stand rib roast is in the oven, along with some butternut squash. Potatoes of some kind, and I'll let him make gravy.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/12/12?? by Lorraine (The stand rib roast ...)
Essential Steak, baked potato and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/12/12?? by losblanos1 (Essential Steak, bak...)
We tried a Chicken Saltimboca Pasta recipe....major disappointment. The sage, which I love, really disappeared. I guess you've gotta keep trying to find a home run, y'know?
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/12/12?? by karyn (We tried a [url=http...)
William got a tenderloin for Friday and didn't use it. Easy dinner to finish my lazy weekend. I needed this!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/12/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (William got a tender...)
Congratulations on a weekend well done Jean.

Tonight was a mushroom risotto. Nothing else. So good, and simple after a weekend of rich food and too much fun with Chad!

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!