What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/13/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Leftovers from Monday.

Yesterday's steak dinner turned out better than I would have thought. A neighbor, who likes her steaks WELL DONE, joined us and I just refuse to ruin a steak like that, so I played.

[Image: Red-MisoGlazedSkewers.jpg]

I cut each of the steaks coil-like into ~1/4" strips, skewered them and grilled them with this glaze:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
4 T. red miso paste
1 tsp. Asian sesame oil
Pinch of sugar
Pinch of salt

Heat the oil and add garlic slices and cook over low heat until crisp, stirring, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to a blender, reserve the garlic oil for another use. Add the soy, miso, sesame oil, sugar and salt to the blender and puree.

Brush on beef skewers while grilling.This recipe is from F&W magazine.

We had wine leftover from weekend, so did a tasting along with dinner and Harbinger's Rielsing was very good with it.

[Image: Red-MisoGlazedSkewerswithgarlicovenfries.jpg]

I tossed the cooled garlic oil with the potatoes before grilling them and then tossed with Romano when they came out of the oven. Geez, what a great dinner, but sure can't do the potatoes like that very often.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/13/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Looks delicious Jean!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/13/12?? by esgunn (Looks delicious Jean...)
Tony's gone again so the pressure is off! I have a ton of fresh asian veggies still so I might make another stir fry - last night's was excellent. Will do shrimp this time.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/13/12?? by Trixxee (Tony's gone again so...)
I'm doing the stir-fry that I guess you did last night, Trixxee - altho, I'm adding my l/o miso-glazed beef skewers. The flavors sound really good together.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/13/12?? by cjs (I'm doing the stir-f...)
Hope you enjoy Jean!

I think I'm going in a different direction than originally though. I can still use my veggies up and some tortillas that need to be used. Kung Pao Shrimp Tacos.

Here's a video and recipe (if you can get through the 30 second commercial at the beginning).

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/kung-pao...index.html
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/13/12?? by Trixxee (Hope you enjoy Jean!...)
Ron's birthday dinner, as per his request, stuffed pork chops, mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, and of course, birthday cake from Costco. (They are great!)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/13/12?? by Mare749 (Ron's birthday dinne...)
Happy Birthday to Ron! (We love Costco cakes too).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/13/12?? by Trixxee (Happy Birthday to Ro...)
Happy Birthday to Mr. Ron!!

Trixxee, that Asian noodle dish is wonderful - I embarrassed myself at how fast I downed it.
[Image: AsianPeanutNoodlewleftovers2.jpg]

Wow and very good with off-dry riesling. Since my beef was already highly flavored with similar seasoning, etc., I omitted the step of mixing meat with more ginger, soy & sesame oil and it worked out well.

Now, I think I'm going to copy you again day after tomorrow with some Kung Pao Shrimp Tacos. Thanks for the ideas.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/13/12?? by cjs (Happy Birthday to Mr...)
Happy birthday, Ron! Jean, that looks fabulous! Went for tests today, and not feeling great. I think tomato soup and crackers. Might even skip the soup and just have crackers.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/13/12?? by Lorraine (Happy birthday, Ron!...)
Oh, Lorraine, that doesn't sound good. Take good care of yourself so you can feel better soon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."