What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/18/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

I have burger thawing, but have no idea what we'll do with it. Our first stop is Vancouver for 2 days. Some old C2C friends are getting married in January and since we won't be around, we'll spend a little time with them. Some of you know him, Scotty/Morris who had Vesta's - a restaurant we used to go to with Billy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/18/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Today is our 12th wedding anniversary and decided to go to a restaurant that we've never been to before, 'Hacienda san Angel'.
http://haciendasanangel.com/dining.html
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/18/12?? by losblanos1 (Today is our 12th we...)
Happy anniversary!!!! Not too many Mexican influences in the menu, but this one sounds tasty!!

Stuffed Chile Poblano
Poblano Chile stuffed with shrimp and served in a chipotle tomato sauce.
Accompanied by a creamy lemon risotto.

darn, now you've got me hungry for this...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/18/12?? by cjs (Happy anniversary!!!...)
Happy Anniversary!

I have some leftover marinara sauce so I think I'll do chicken parmesan, a green salad and garlic bread.

Also baking a Jewish apple cake today.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/18/12?? by Trixxee (Happy Anniversary![b...)
I haven't got a clue! It's cold and rainy here, so soup is sounding good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/18/12?? by losblanos1 (Today is our 12th we...)
Quote:

Today is our 12th wedding anniversary and decided to go to a restaurant that we've never been to before, 'Hacienda san Angel'.
http://haciendasanangel.com/dining.html

Happy anniversary!

Have I missed something? Had you already said you'd be travelling to Puerto Vallarta?

A lot of the things on that menu sound good, and if I were in Puerto Vallarta, I might try the place once, but all the rest of the time, I'd be seeking out comida típica and keeping my eyes open for places surrounded by locals and not frequented by as many tourists.

Have fun!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/18/12?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Something shrimpy. Maybe with some pesto over some angel hair pasta. We just had a lovely walk and some target practice so it's okay for me to eat carbs now ha ha
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/18/12?? by farnfam (Something shrimpy. M...)
We're settled in in Vancouver, WA - and I find I have lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cheese, onions, grd. beef and corn tortillas.

Old family tacos tonight!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/18/12?? by farnfam (Something shrimpy. M...)
Thanks everyone, there's been a change in plans. We're going to La Palapa for dinner. Yippee! This resyaurant has been in business for 50 years, even after hurricane Kenna demolished the place, they rebuilt and are better than ever. 95% of the patrons are Mexican, like labs said, how could you go wrong?
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/18/12?? by losblanos1 (Thanks everyone, the...)
We sent our four day guests off to San Antonio--wonderful time--he was my city manager when we started the golf course. Party Wed nite --grilled shrimp, jerked pork/pineapple, jicama, cilantro salsa; brusceta bar, wine and whiskey!! Tonight, grilled fillets, baked potato, grilled romaine. Alone.

Happy Anniversery!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".