What's for dinner Monday, 11/19/2012?
  Re: (...)
I think Jean and Roy are taking off today, so I thought I would start this thread on her behalf.

Being it is the holiday week, my kids are home, but I still have orders to get out, etc. I am just taking a homemade lasagna (C@H 8-layer Lasagna) out of the freezer.

We should be able to eat that for a couple of days. Saturday we are having Thanksgiving with the family, so on Thursday we are having my husband's very yummy tacos! (I should try to post pictures of the process.)

They are very good, but very naughty calorie-wise.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for dinner Monday, 11/19/2012? by luvnit (I think Jean and Roy...)
We're going out for dinner tonight at one of the top restaurants in Mexico, Cafe de Artistes. I know for sure that I'll be having the Foie Gras appetizer, maybe the most delicious thing that I've ever eaten. This morning we're going down to the Malecon to have B'fast at a place called Vitea.
]http://www.cafedesartistes.com/[IMG]

Last night's dinner, Lobster Taquitos pickled onions, watercress and papaya salad, cascabel oil.

[Image: LobsterTaquito.jpg]

Chili en Nogada
[Image: ChilienNogada-1.jpg]
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, 11/19/2012? by losblanos1 (We're going out for ...)
Wow, gorgeous presentation!!

Not sure what we'll have yet...I'll think on it and get ideas from you guys. We had our tacos last night, so good
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, 11/19/2012? by cjs (Wow, gorgeous presen...)
Somehow I keep getting distracted an forget to push the post button after I preview my posting...gotta work on that if I'm going to share!

Tonight we're having a salt & pepper crusted pork tenderloin with port pomegranate sauce and mashed potatoes. I can guarantee that my presentation will be nowhere near restaurant quality!!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, 11/19/2012? by karyn (Somehow I keep getti...)
I used to do that all the time Karyn. Until I finally figured it out

Blane, your dinner was absolutely breathtaking! OMG if I could only do that. WOW!!!!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, 11/19/2012? by luvnit (I used to do that al...)
Mini Meatball Lasagna for 2. This has become a new favorite.
Green tossed salad and Italian bread to go with. Maybe even a little vino.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, 11/19/2012? by Mare749 (Mini Meatball Lasagn...)
Gorgeous pictures, Blane.

I'm having one of those days that nothing sounds all that great, not even a little bit.

Whatever it is it will probably be something with chicken. Here I thought that since Michael is out of school all week I'd be whipping up some fancy stuff but I don't see that happening today.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, 11/19/2012? by Trixxee (Gorgeous pictures, B...)
I'm using the other 8 oz. burger thawed for just some patties. Made up a Mediterranean-like salad to have with it and I'm hoping it's a 'Under 400 cal.' dish. Have to work out the nutrition - sure does taste good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, 11/19/2012? by cjs (I'm using the other ...)
OK, snapped out of my food funk and decided on chicken piccata, baked potatoes and a green salad.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, 11/19/2012? by Trixxee (OK, snapped out of m...)
Trixxee, glad to see you overcame your funk. The chicken cutlets always get me out of mine.

This mornings B'fast. Chicken sopes, wow, these were delicious! Carylann had scrambled eggs, bacon, black beans w/cojita and pan de dulce.

[Image: Sopes.jpg]