Turkey Eve Dinner, 11/21/12???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

Dinner at Denise & Derek's. We'll get out of here 8-9 a.m. and travel on down to Sutherlin and spend the night with D&D. Still have lots of rain!!!!!!!!!!

Last night had a great time, as always with Houseboat Don and Hank, who is huge!!

[Image: DonsHank2.jpg]

and some good pizza -
Spicy Sausage, Leek & Fennel
[Image: DonsSausageFennelLeek.jpg]

Clean the fridge pizza
[Image: DonsVeggie.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Turkey Eve Dinner, 11/21/12??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Amazing pizzas as usual.

Tonight we're going to another favorite restaurant called Vista Grill.
http://www.vistagrill.com/
  Re: Re: Turkey Eve Dinner, 11/21/12??? by losblanos1 (Amazing pizzas as us...)
Hmmmm, I'll take one of each:
Duck Magret with Fig Sauce
Chocolate and Espresso Glazed Short Rib

sounds wonderful!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Turkey Eve Dinner, 11/21/12??? by cjs (Hmmmm, I'll take one...)
Gotta love that face! The pizzas look good, too.

Blane, you guys seem to be having a wonderful culinary experience down thre! I hope your days are equally rewarding!

I have no clue about dinner. Time to get out the magazines and start my search!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Turkey Eve Dinner, 11/21/12??? by Gourmet_Mom (Gotta love that face...)
Pizzas look great as usual, Jean. Hank is adorable. I love the look on his face that says, "I'm going up to bed."

Blane, you and Carylann are enjoying some very nice restaurants on your vacation. Love the menus! Just curious, do you ever try the street food?

Dinner tonight is a mish-mash of leftovers or what I prefer to call tapas. Will add a green salad and some chicken noodle soup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Turkey Eve Dinner, 11/21/12??? by Mare749 (Pizzas look great as...)
Tony has a 4:00 doctor's appointment and I think he's picking something up for us to free up the kitchen for T-Day prep. Either Which Wich (haven't had a bad sandwich there yet) or blackened chicken burritos from a place called Taco Mesa.
  Re: Re: Turkey Eve Dinner, 11/21/12??? by Trixxee (Tony has a 4:00 doct...)
Thanksgiving feast tonight with Jean and Roy
  Re: Re: Turkey Eve Dinner, 11/21/12??? by DFen911 (Thanksgiving feast t...)
Jean, my wife always gets the slow braised boneless short rib, which is great for me, because we share bites.

Daphne, even though we're eating great food at night, our days are even better. We come to PV to exhale, it's like hitting a reset button on life.

Maryann, the street food here is world class and some are mentioned in dining guides. We've eaten everything from corn on the cob to tacos al pastor, always cheap and always delicious.
  Re: Re: Turkey Eve Dinner, 11/21/12??? by losblanos1 (Jean, my wife always...)
Blane I am drooling over your vacation. Jean those pizzas are beautiful! Hank looks like a doll!

I don't know what we're having. We're still on the way home from shopping and have one more stop in Othello. We had lunch at PF Chang's - amazing food, great service.

We're going to take all the food down to the restaurant and pack it in the walk in and get one of the turkey's into the cider brine. When that's done I'm looking forward maybe playing with my Aztec Chocolate Bitters and some vodka.

That's if we get home - the highway is full of a$$#oles and drunks
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Turkey Eve Dinner, 11/21/12??? by Harborwitch (Blane I am drooling ...)
Sharon, my wife was playing with this passionfruit martini last night, she must have a good time with it, because she ordered a second one.

[Image: PassionfruitMartini.jpg]