What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/24/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're going exploring around the Redding area, so don't know what or where we'll eat. Do have a couscous salad to snack on if necessary.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/24/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
PreThanksgiving cooking today! Then it's time for the OYSTER ROAST!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/2412?? by Gourmet_Mom (PreThanksgiving cook...)
Fun weekend for you, Daphne!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/2412?? by cjs (Fun weekend for you,...)
We didn't make it to Archie's Wok last night because of an extremely long nap. That's where we'll go tonight. Right now we're going to catch a bus and head into town for B'fast at La Palapa. If you're ever in Puerto Vallarta, take a Mexican bus ride, more thrilling than any Disney ride.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/2412?? by losblanos1 (We didn't make it to...)
Blane,

That's probably like some of the bus rides around here. Many of the buses are retired American school buses - still yellow, still with all the safety blinkers (though unused and often disconnected) and often still with the American school district's name on the side.

The roads over which many of them travel are, however, not like anything they would have seen in the States. They go from relatively well-paved roads into neighbourhoods that only have bumpy, unpaved roads and then back again.

In a few cases, the roads actually cross small rivers - without any bridges. The normal water levels at such crossings are low enough that only the tires get wet. On days with a lot of rain, however, those buses either don't run or they only cover the parts of their routes that take them to the impassable rivers and then turn around.

Because those buses are sometimes the only transportation that some people have between the smaller towns and the cities, people often carry all kinds of stuff with them, including long rods of rebar that they load through the back door of the bus and into the aisle. Of course, no third-world country would be complete without having someone carry live chickens on the bus. It's all considered perfectly normal and acceptable. In fact, once you have been here a while, it seems strange to take a bus ride in the States where people don't make such productive use of the bus ride. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/2412?? by labradors (Blane,[br][br]That's...)
About 6 years ago we were on a bus in Ensenada and the engine caught fire!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/2412?? by labradors (Blane,[br][br]That's...)
Interesting story, Labs. I can picture this in my mind. Whole different world you live in.

Last day for turkey...making my mom's turkey salad with chopped walnuts for sandwiches. Not sure what else.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/2412?? by Trixxee (About 6 years ago we...)
I'm trying to figure out today's lunch and dinner right now. I think one meal will be a turkey club panini sandwich or a turkey/stuffing/cranberry panini.

Perhaps pesto crusted tilapia and a salad for dinner.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/2412?? by Trixxee (I'm trying to figure...)
We just got back from Atlantic City and are pooped beyond pooped. Boy did we do some walking!

Thinking about Breakfast for Dinner if I can summon enough strength.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/2412?? by BarbaraS (We just got back fro...)
It must be on my mind from watching LOLwork, but for dinner, tonight, I Can Has Cheezburger!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?