More on C@H Back Issue Library DVD
  Re: (...)
I just received my C@H Back Issue Library DVD and have had some time to play with it. First, of all, it is definitely worth the price to have all the recipes available, easily searchable, and recipes capable of being entered into recipe management software! There were some questions about the versatility of this DVD. The primary reason why I purchased the DVD was to be able to copy recipes into my recipe management program, since C@H does not offer this service on its Web site. The DVD opens in your default browser. I use Firefox. I copied a recipe from a back issue, using control + C. Then I opened my recipe management program, which is Living Cookbook 13 and used the capture function to paste the recipe into Living Cookbook. It worked perfectly! No more tedious typing of C@H recipes into recipe management programs! Recipes can also being opened in PDF readers such as, Foxit or Adobe Reader and directly copied or even printed with one click of the mouse.

Also of note, I recently received an E-mail from Fine Cooking, advertising their Magazine Archive 1994-2012 for $69.99 for a limited time. It was originally prices at a whopping $150!!! Another great deal.

Getting recipes from recipe management programs or the Internet onto an iPad can be done, but it is not the easiest process. Alina has the most knowledge on how to do this. Living Cookbook will eventually have an app to get recipes on an iPad.

Barbara
  Re: More on C@H Back Issue Library DVD by bfg (I just received my [...)
Barbara,

So this DVD has ALL the C@H issue recipes? Absolutely all of them?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: More on C@H Back Issue Library DVD by BarbaraS (Barbara,[br][br]So t...)
Hi Barbara,

Yes, the DVD has each entire issue of C@H beginning with the original issue and going from issue 1 thru 94. It is awesome!The DVD is arranged in each entire issue of the magazine--you see the cover of each issue and then open to see the contents.

Barbara
  Re: Re: More on C@H Back Issue Library DVD by BarbaraS (Barbara,[br][br]So t...)
absolutely all of them - it is great!!! I'm loving it and my daughter, who has only a few copies is just beyond herself playing with it!!! Issue #0 (yes,l there is one labeled '0') thru 96.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: More on C@H Back Issue Library DVD by cjs (absolutely all of th...)
I just wish there was a way to use it on the iPad.
  Re: Re: More on C@H Back Issue Library DVD by DFen911 (I just wish there wa...)
I am going to buy it since Barbara says it can be copied into LC. Until LC has their iPad app, I have been using Hot Pot to get my LC recipes on my iPad. It allows imports from LC as well as other programs including MC (it will import LC pictures, but not MC.)

Since it has PDF files that can be copied, you can easily copy them and put them in a folder and then use Dropbox or Sugar Sync to view them in your iPad, all you'd need would be a pdf reader for the iPad. I think LC is a better option, but ...

Barbara, please let me know if the FC recipes can be copied as I understood they couldn't. I have been using a lot of FC recipes lately.
  Re: Re: More on C@H Back Issue Library DVD by Cubangirl (I am going to buy it...)
HI,

I dont know if you guys saw my post in the other conversation about the ipads and DVD but I now have all the cuisine at homes magazines on my Ipad. No search feature but still.
  Re: Re: More on C@H Back Issue Library DVD by piano226 (HI,[br][br]I dont kn...)
Are they all in your iBooks library?
  Re: Re: More on C@H Back Issue Library DVD by DFen911 (Are they all in your...)
yes they are
  Re: Re: More on C@H Back Issue Library DVD by piano226 (yes they are...)
Won't that be difficult without the 'search' feature?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com