What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/25/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Leftover grilled nachos pizza here!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/25/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're heading into Roseburg to watch carolers and watch the tree lighting ceremony. Not sure about dinner yet. May have dinner in town or come home and grill steaks.
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/25/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Pesto crusted tilapia, brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar and maybe just garlic bread as the starch.

Trying to get back into the swing of things and organized today (Michael's been off from school for 9 days which means I have also done next to nuthin'). His woodshop teacher has put the fear of god in him (and everyone else) so I'm going to help him study for a bandsaw safety test. The whole class already passed it long ago but a few weeks ago a student got injured and needed stitches so now they are starting all over again with safety. Great, something else to keep my up at night- worrying about him chopping off a finger!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/25/12?? by DFen911 (We're heading into R...)
Trixxee---lots of problem solving there but you are a good to go girl!!!!

Peter---chicken liver salad (YUCK for me) and I had leftovers from our dinner last night--potato salad, garlic bread, and a green salad. A dessert challenge that I created---more about that later---FUN!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/25/12?? by Roxanne 21 (Trixxee---lots of pr...)
Well, I know now more about various cutting speeds, gullets, relief cuts, compound cutting and jigs than I ever wanted to know. And I'm pretty sure I could recite 12 safety rules and the 8 essential parts of a band saw. LOL!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/25/12?? by Trixxee (Well, I know now mor...)
Good job, Trixxee! You are such a great mom!

Dinner tonight was a cold sub sandwich and a salad. Ron left this afternoon for Pa. for his week of deer hunting with his dad. I already have plans for every evening, so won't be cooking much this week, but will have time to make up some menu plans for when he returns.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/25/12?? by Mare749 (Good job, Trixxee! Y...)
Wow, I'm impressed, Trixxee!!! Fingers crossed for Ron, Maryann!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/25/12?? by cjs (Wow, I'm impressed, ...)
I hope Ron has a successful and enjoyable trip, Maryann!

WOW, Trixxee! I'm impressed!

After cooking up my Thanksgiving meal yesterday after a VERY late night with the kids Saturday night, I was too pooped to eat dinner! After a big breakfast at 10 am, we had our Turkey dinner at 3, so I was good! I'm still exhausted!

Thank goodness for OS staying over until this morning! I I was able to keep up with half of the dishes as I cooked, but with that big of a meal, the kitchen was a disaster! OS got it all cleaned up before going to bed last night! I LOVE that kid!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/25/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (I hope Ron has a suc...)
What a fun time you must have had, Daphne.

I've got to brag on Denise again - while we were there on Wednesday, she looked at me very seriously and said, "I get dibbs on next Thanksgiving." At first I thought she meant with her family; but, she meant us and said if Tracie doesn't show up, she'll go get her.

I'm just so overwhelmed with the love from all of you on this forum and I'm so darn sad that Billy isn't here with all of us, he would have been over the moon!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/25/12?? by cjs (What a fun time you ...)
What a nice thing to say, Jean. I do agree with you. This is a pretty special group of people we have here, and I feel so blessed to be part of it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."