What's for Dinner, Tues, 11/27/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

Travel day - we're on our way to Patterson, CA. I made a tasty Langostino pasta last night, and we have one 'lunch' burrito left, so will probably be potluck.

P.S.
I've found some interesting places to check out in the area:
Classic Wine Vinegar Co. - they have tours of the plant and samples
Hillmar Cheese -
Oakdale Cheese Co. - specializing in Gouda from the remarks
Sciabica - they make olive oil
Beekman & Beekman - they make honey and honey products.

And, of course there are wineries in the area...........

P.P.S -
Leftover Pork Belly and Nacho pizza - made with dried buttermilk in the crust.
[Image: LOPBellyandNacho.jpg]

It was an interesting crust - lighter than I would have thought from handling it, but it had an almost biscuit flavor/texture to it. Not sure I'll do it again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues, 11/27/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'd love to go to the vinegar place. It's a work day for us, heavy apps from 4-6pm at the winery. I guess I'll graze most of the afternoon.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues, 11/27/12?? by Lorraine (I'd love to go to th...)
Lorraine, did you have a good Thanksgiving?? Were you with 'his' family??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues, 11/27/12?? by cjs (Lorraine, did you ha...)
Sounds like another fun destination Jean!

I'm making Erin's crock pot philly cheesesteak sandwiches. Love them and haven't had them for quite a while. I have Michael's annual IEP meeting after school today so this will be nice and easy to come home to.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues, 11/27/12?? by Trixxee (Sounds like another ...)
They all sound like interesting places to go, Jean. Have you ever tried wildflower honey? I bought some recently (from a local place) and was surprised by the flavor.

Dinner tonight will be at Heather's house followed by Alyssa's ice-skating practice. It's a mystery meal, something in the crockpot, so I'm making 18 hr. focaccia bread to take over.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues, 11/27/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Oh Jean you are going to have so much fun. Oakdale Cheese Factory is amazing! They have curds too - which are great. We kept meaning to stop at Sciabica but didn't. If you are anywhere near Fairfield Sepay Groves tasting room is amazing. They have incredible vinegars (the dark chocolate is to die for), olive oils, and an organic safflower oil that I love.

The wineries in the area are so good. This area is good for a week at least!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues, 11/27/12?? by Harborwitch (Oh Jean you are goin...)
You having too much fun, Jean (and Roy..of course).

We did a shrimp salad dinner with a New Orleans remoulade, angel hair pasta and chocolate towers for dessert (two more to go and thank goodness I can stay away from the fridge for the chocolate attack!! It just keeps calling my name......)
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues, 11/27/12?? by Roxanne 21 (You having too much ...)
Sounds like Jean and Roy are having a great time! Those lucky dogs

I am making Potato Soup and some fresh bread. I also have some of that Jimmy Dean Nacho dip in a little crock pot for an appetizer. Hubby calls it heart stopper dip. He's probably right!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues, 11/27/12?? by luvnit (Sounds like Jean and...)
Chicken cutlets with a side of asparagus. It's good to be home.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues, 11/27/12?? by losblanos1 (Chicken cutlets with...)
"wildflower honey - I pick up honey all the time so most likely we have...

Roxanne, you need to give up the chocolate dessert...you have me intriqued.

Welcome home, Blane and now Labs is off too!

Sharon - I think we'll have fun on this stop. The weather is not looking good, so we'll probably stay off the road for a few days. But, I really got my batteries charged in Redding with 5 days of sunshine!!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com