What's for Dinner, Tues., 12/4/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

We're having a sunshine bubbly brunch with the Pillsbury French Toast and ham. Later, grilled burgers and grilled fries. Maybe coleslaw also....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 12/4/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Homemade noodles in turkey stock. I also add bits of turkey that were saved for this purpose. We have a piece of the roast left from last night, so will slice it thin and let it come up to room temp since we don't want to cook it any more. Will probably roast some more vegetables to round out the meal.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 12/4/12?? by Mare749 (Homemade noodles in ...)
Haven't decided yet...just not hungry at the moment. Maybe a meatloaf sandwich ???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 12/4/12?? by Roxanne 21 (Haven't decided yet....)
I think I'm going to make the Thai Chicken Salad Wraps with cilantro and basil from the latest Cuisine for Two, though I'm going to swap out the tortillas for a toasted roll. Maybe some fries or tots with it.

Or I might be really lazy and pick up some pre-made chicken salad from Trader Joes. I feel very unable to make decisions today.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 12/4/12?? by Trixxee (I think I'm going to...)
With my long bus ride home on Sunday and the relatively empty fridge that awaited me, before I took a taxi back to my apartment, I just stopped at Wendy's and got a Bacon-Mushroom Melt and that just really hit the spot. So, yesterday, I decided to wait until tomorrow for my restocking shopping, since tomorrow is Wednesday (i.e. the day when one of the supermarkets has good veggie specials).

Instead of getting a lot of stuff yesterday, I just got two pounds of ground pork (a little less expensive than beef and, around here, makes better burgers), some canned mushrooms (that's what's on Wendy's Bacon-Mushroom Melt). some Swiss cheese and some nice rolls. I didn't get any bacon, since the store in which I bought everything else has about the highest price on bacon in town. After adding some Worcestershire sauce, I portioned the pork into quarter-pound burgers and fried ALL of them (i.e. just reheating, later, rather than maintaining and working with the raw meat every time). Then, I emptied the can of mushrooms into the pan to deglaze the pan and cook the mushrooms. Next, I added some water and some Maggi oxtail-soup mix and let everything reduce down to a nice, thick, flavourful mushroom gravy. Finally, I put some Swiss cheese atop one of the burgers and reheated the burger so it would also melt the cheese, then served that on one of the rolls with some of the gravy.

It was delicious and now I'm all set with more rolls, burgers, cheese and gravy that just need to be heated up for lunch or dinner and I may get some bacon from a different store, tomorrow, when I'm making my shopping rounds.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 12/4/12?? by labradors (With my long bus rid...)
Well after reading Labs post I want his dinner

Going to marinate some flank steak in soy, ginger and sesame oil and grill it and serve it over jasmine rice.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 12/4/12?? by DFen911 (Well after reading L...)
Me too, Denise!!

Well, the French toast turned out pretty good and it is something I would make again in the trailer. But, with one exception (I'll post the proper recipe below) of frosting the cinnamon rolls when they come out of the oven - overkill. There is karo syrup in the 'custard' and I love adding maple syrup, so the icing was just too much.

[Image: PillsburyFrToastandham2.jpg]

And, Roy Richard was a happy camper...
[Image: PillsburyBrunchMorroBayDec412.jpg]

Here's the recipe if anyone wants it.

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/overnig...;term=Overnight cinnamon roll french toast&ps=9&pi=9

Shoot, after reading Lab's post, I'm foregoing the burgers and making Patty Melts - YUM!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 12/4/12?? by cjs (Me too, Denise!![br]...)
Looks good! Do you do your ham steaks on your grill? We do because we usually have a party of 7 or 8 for breakfast when camping and it frees up my stove top for the eggs.

And after Roxanne and Labs' posts I'm thinking of turning the mini meatloaves I froze into patty melts at some point.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 12/4/12?? by Trixxee (Looks good! Do you ...)
If we have a crowd, I do as you do on the grill, but this a.m. it was jsut the 2 of us. so just a little skillet.

Trixxee, they got me hungry for Patty melts too!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 12/4/12?? by cjs (If we have a crowd, ...)
Pork Chili Verde from Issue 41....except using chicken thighs Glad I froze up some of those tomatillos we grew!
Also making some quesadillas with pepper jack
And cervasas
Cis
Empress for Life