OT-The most wonderful restaurant meal ever.
  Re: (...)
As a reward for helping with the kids, my wonderful SIL and DD took me to Barbara Lynch's Menton in Boston for dinner the night before I left. It was without a doubt the best restaurant meal I've ever had. I loved the place, the service was amazing; unintrusive, but had new plates, silver, etc. for each dish, fresh bread as soon as I finished the last bite, plates removed, water filled, no "and how are we liking the food today" type of questions, and the food was way beyond my expectations. Amazingly, some of my favorites where preparations of foods I have always disliked. Lesson learned is not to dislike foods, dislike preparations. I would have never believed I would be raving about foie gras or Kampachi with caviar since I had previously really disliked all 3. The one dish I thought I'd like best, the langoustines, was my least favorite, go figure.

I chose to not have the wine pairing, so just had a couple of excellent whites, but my SIL did, and most of the wines were also fantastic. I didn't get a copy of his wine list (he did), since I probably can't afford them anyway, but I particularly loved an Austrian Riesling (which are different than the German versions which I normally don't drink) and a lovely Boston Madeira. Apart from the actual quality of the food and the wines, I really enjoyed the different wine glasses, a different shape for each course in the thinnest glass I've seen. Now I wished I'd acted like a tourist and taken pictures of each course. Anyway I thought I'd share the menu.
[Image: MentonMenu.png]
Alina
  Re: OT-The most wonderful restaurant meal ever. by Cubangirl (As a reward for help...)
wow, What an experience!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: OT-The most wonderful restaurant meal ever. by Cubangirl (As a reward for help...)
How fun! I love that!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
What a wonderful thing to do for you!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: OT-The most wonderful restaurant meal ever. by BarbaraS (What a wonderful thi...)
What a wonderful experience!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT-The most wonderful restaurant meal ever. by Gourmet_Mom (What a wonderful exp...)
Oh my, I love a dining experience like that!! ALINA!! For heaven's sake, act like a tourist and take pictures!!

Each course sounds better than the previous!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT-The most wonderful restaurant meal ever. by cjs (Oh my, I love a dini...)
That sounds amazing! What a wonderful thank you!! I'm so glad you shared the menu.
  Re: Re: OT-The most wonderful restaurant meal ever. by karyn (That sounds amazing!...)
Holy Cow...what an incredible event to enjoy!! I am so jealous. What was your favorite?
  Re: Re: OT-The most wonderful restaurant meal ever. by DFen911 (Holy Cow...what an i...)
All the canapés were amazing. I could happily have had a full meal of the Kampachi and the onion macaron. The tilefish and the venison dishes were both favorites.
  Re: Re: OT-The most wonderful restaurant meal ever. by Cubangirl (All the canapés were...)
What a nice thing to do for you, Alina! And well deserved, too! Love the menu. I would have tried anything on there, but the tilefish really caught my eye. Wow!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."