Two Things on my Mind
  Re: (...)
The most important - a kindle question -
I can't figure out how to borrow a book for my kindle from the Amazon free library - I am a prime member and it keeps offering me this option, But, over on the right where I click to download it always says "Buy"

So, what is the procedure, please?

Secondly we had an exhibitionist in the shower room this a.m. - which is straight across from my 'office' window. At first I thought he'd forgotten something for his shower and was out on the porch trying to get someone's attention - BUT, when he kept playing with his dingus, figured something else was going on. This went on for 5 or 6 minutes and darn it, I didn't even think to get my camera................

Maintenance man came by, but Roy hasn't visted the office yet to see what the heck it was all about.

Oh, the fun on the road - Denise & Derek, keep your eyes open and your shades up, no telling what entertainment you will have on road.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Two Things on my Mind by cjs (The most important -...)
That is funny! Too bad you didn't have the camera!

Were was Roy??????
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Two Things on my Mind by luvnit (That is funny! Too b...)
Quote:

That is funny! Too bad you didn't have the camera!

Were was Roy??????

Too busy watching eh? LOL
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Two Things on my Mind by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
yes, he was watching too!

Wait a minute - what about the first thing on my mind????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Two Things on my Mind by cjs (yes, he was watching...)
What a kook! LOL.

Wish I could help Jean - I have a Kindle Fire but I only do the basics on it.
  Re: Two Things on my Mind by cjs (The most important -...)
Kindle, I am not sure Jean. Hopefully someone here will know. I am on Prime, but not the main account holder, so I can't borrow books.

Yikes to the activity. I will have to watch that when on the road. I haven't mentioned it, but we bought an RV a couple of weeks ago. Hoping to take it out the weekend before Christmas for our maiden camping trip. Just a quick one out to the ocean. [image[/image[Image: vp2977855_2_large.jpg]
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Two Things on my Mind by cjs (yes, he was watching...)
Quote:

yes, he was watching too!

Wait a minute - what about the first thing on my mind????

What was the first thing you said? All I heard was "Blah, blah, blah. Naked man... no camera."
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Two Things on my Mind by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Jean, You have an actual Kindle right - not just using a Kindle app on an ipad or other device? You can only borrow books on an actual kindle. I went to the Amazon and then somehow found the kindle Forum and searched "How to borrow books" and there were directions. Some use the cloud and some have to be a USB transfer. Not sure. Didn't look in much detail since I can't use it. Like I said I am a guest member of Prime and I use a Kindle app on my ipad.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Two Things on my Mind by esgunn (Jean, You have an ...)
Very nice Erin! Hope you guys make lots of great memories - we sure have. It's always a good idea to take your maiden trip close to home just in case things go wrong.

I wish I could remember what the name of this instructional video we bought was. It walked us through everything - auxilary batteries, generator, black and gray tank system, leveling, setting up the awning, etc. They went over everything at the dealer but that was a whirlwind demonstration.
  Re: Re: Two Things on my Mind by Trixxee (Very nice Erin! Hop...)
Oh Wonderful, Erin!!! You'll have such fun!! I agree - the maiden voyage should be close to home, you just never know. Even after all these years, when we get a new rig, we do just that, close.

I do hava a kindle fire, so I'll go look up the forum and see what I can find. I'm the primary on the prime, so that should help also.

Don't remember, Laura - I really didn't know what I was watching.
www.achefsjourney.com