What's for Dinner, ThursDAY, 12/13/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

We're exploring today, a beautiful state park I want to see, wine tasting and a Tapas & Oyster Bar in San Luis Obispo I want to visit. So, will probably graze all day.

Think I'll look for a skirt steak and spinach - Karyn's dinner yesterday looked awfully good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, ThursDAY, 12/13/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have fun Jean!

We're going to give pizza another try. I'm armed with parchment paper, corn meal, and pepperoni.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursdy, 12/13/12?? by Trixxee (Have fun Jean![br][b...)
We're working tonight, so I have my choice of :

Calzone with pepperoni, onions and peppers
Sweet chili Glazed salmon in a Thai Noodle Broth
Grilled Chicken in a Mushroom Merlot Sauce over Garlic Parmesan Yellow Grits
Flat Bread Pizza with Fresh Mozz and Pesto, or Artichoke and Piquillo Peppers

The Calzone and Pizzas are served with a side salad.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursdy, 12/13/12?? by Lorraine (We're working tonigh...)
I'd go with the Grilled Chickie in the Mushroom Merlot...

We're having Ham Steak with Honey-glazed roasted root veggies and peas with 'shrooms.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursdy, 12/13/12?? by BarbaraS (I'd go with the Gril...)
Hmmmmm, I'd choose the salmon and Thai noodle dish. Don't work too hard, Lorraine.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursdy, 12/13/12?? by cjs (Hmmmmm, I'd choose t...)
Thursdy? Is like anything like finners?

I'm gonna grill some salmon for Derek and our side dish is going to be roasted potato salad with red, white and purple potatoes, red onion and snow peas.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursdy, 12/13/12?? by DFen911 (Thursdy? Is like any...)
I'd have a little of each. All four choices sound great.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursdy, 12/13/12?? by Trixxee (I'd have a little of...)
Lorraine, your menu sounds delicious. I would be trying all of them.

I'm doing my mom's pork chop and scalloped potato casserole from when I was a kid. Brown pork chops, lay on top of sliced potatoes in a casserole, deglaze the pan with cream of something soup and a bit of milk, pour on top of the casserole and bake for an hour. Ron has to have peas with this!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursdy, 12/13/12?? by Mare749 (Lorraine, your menu ...)
So, what's your point.... MS Denise...... (picky people around here for heaven's sake.)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/13/12?? by cjs (So, what's your poin...)
Tonight is Pizza Night with Dads at the school. It is a big promotional thing to get the dads in the school since typically it's mostly moms. It is a big deal and the kids are so excited to show their dad around the school. This year they are doing two dad promos: Pizza with Dad, and Donuts with Dad (some morning). Nice to see the dads at school.

So I am making NOTHING for dinner. I will probably scrounge around and find a leftover, or a bowl of cereal or something. Put in a DVD from Netflix and relax. I can hear the peace and quiet already!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura