Poor, Poor Gil - Lorraine, What Were You Thinking
  Re: (...)
I'm sorry to report to all of you that poor, poor Gil has to make the most of a distressful situation.

These are Uncle Wallace's panckes - the most wonderful in the world (Yes, Sharon, THE BEST ) -
[Image: UncleWallacespancakesDec162012.jpg]

But, what did he have for breakfast???????????????????

who knows.

(stay tuned for Lorraine's excuses.................... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Poor, Poor Gil - Lorraine, What Were You Thinking by cjs (I'm sorry to report ...)
This is funny - I have been called to go down to the "kitchen" and make Bette's Ocean View Diner Pancakes.

LOL
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Poor, Poor Gil - Lorraine, What Were You Thinking by Harborwitch (This is funny - I ha...)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Poor, Poor Gil - Lorraine, What Were You Thinking by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
What was in the glass right next to your plate???
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Poor, Poor Gil - Lorraine, What Were You Thinking by luvnit (What was in the glas...)
Same delightful liquid you enjoyed earlier today, MISS - Opolo Sparking. Roy ran down to the store and bought 6 more bottles to take on the road - he was afraid he would find it farther south and/or out of state!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Poor, Poor Gil - Lorraine, What Were You Thinking by cjs (Same delightful liqu...)
Nice! I thought I was going to be able to make this sauce with 'leftover' champagne. But we never had any leftovers... Huh. We have wanted to make that sauce for several years.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Poor, Poor Gil - Lorraine, What Were You Thinking by luvnit (Nice! I thought I wa...)
Probably have to go to two bottles, huh? (not saying that's a bad thing.................)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Poor, Poor Gil - Lorraine, What Were You Thinking by cjs (Probably have to go ...)
Poor Gil had to settle for plain old buttermilk pancakes! My excuse is that before breakfast I made him a batch of Gingerbread Biscotti, and some Pecan Balls. I never even thought of Uncle Wallace! If he behaves, maybe I'll make them Christmas morning!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Poor, Poor Gil - Lorraine, What Were You Thinking by Lorraine (Poor Gil had to sett...)
He better appreciate you properly, Miss Lolly!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Poor, Poor Gil - Lorraine, What Were You Thinking by cjs (He better appreciate...)
I think that's a pretty good excuse! And at least he GOT pancakes! I'm not a morning person, so if there is breakfast around here, William makes it, LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.