Why can't folks be on time!?
  Re: (...)
I asked our guests what time would be good for them to be here because their schedules are harder. She says we are going to be there at 4:30! I said great, just needed to know to time the roast is all.

So the roast comes out to rest at 5:15. She just called, they are running late because he wanted to go to one more store to look for some new shoes.

I am so drinking the wine! Etiquette be d@mned. I mean come on she knows I am timing dinner here and a nice one at that. So much the appys ts gonna be hi good to see ya now sit down for dinner. Arg!
  Re: Why can't folks be on time!? by DFen911 (I asked our guests w...)
*sigh* now they just called to tell me they have to stop for gas and pick up dog food.

Waiter check please!
  Re: Re: Why can't folks be on time!? by DFen911 (*sigh* now they just...)
Oh my! How rude!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Why can't folks be on time!? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my! How rude!...)
Good grief - what the hell?
  Re: Re: Why can't folks be on time!? by Trixxee (Good grief - what th...)
Oh Denise, I hope this didn't ruin your evening! You worked so hard to plan a really nice meal for these people. They are just plain rude. I'm so sorry they disappointed you.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Why can't folks be on time!? by Mare749 (Oh Denise, I hope th...)
Well dinner was great, unfortunately because they were gonna be late I left the roast in for 15 min longer than I should. It was medium all the way thru but very tasty.

I have learned that these folks are on their own time clock and next time will be something simple like hamburgers I can throw on when they show. They just left, so I have a fresh glass of wine and gonna set up camp and veg out

Thank you guys for letting me vent!
  Re: Re: Why can't folks be on time!? by DFen911 (Well dinner was grea...)
I agree, but being early, especially for a large party is just as bad!! I have told people "entertain yourselves while we finish getting the food out!!"
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Why can't folks be on time!? by Old Bay (I agree, but being e...)
I know I would be on time if someone was going to cook for me! That is just so inconsiderate.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Why can't folks be on time!? by luvnit (I know I would be on...)
Denise, we have to talk about how I learned from "Julia" the best way to hold a roast for over an hour!!!

Rude darn people. So, did you learn the reason for no wine for them??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Why can't folks be on time!? by luvnit (I know I would be on...)
Quote:

I know I would be on time if someone was going to cook for me! That is just so inconsiderate.

Me too - even if it was hamburgers and hot dogs, nevermind a super expensive meal! I hope they appreciated it, Denise.