Christmas & New Year's Menus and Plans???? 2012
  Re: (...)
Just realized Christmas is less than a week away!!! What plans have been made so far??

I know we'll go out to dinner Christmas Eve - don't want to stay home and feel sorry for myself. Don't have a clue yet for Christmas day.

But gonna rock San Diego with Denise & Derek New Year's!!!! Girl, we have to start thinking food, here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Christmas & New Year's Menus and Plans???? 2012 by cjs (Just realized Christ...)
We will probably go out on Christmas Eve for an early dinner - maybe Outback as we have gift cards.

Going to my sister's house on the big day around 2:00. Michael is very excited as we have not been able to get together with his cousins in four months. We are in charge of stuffing and pumpkin pie. My mom will be there and my dad will probably pop in.
  Re: Christmas & New Year's Menus and Plans???? 2012 by cjs (Just realized Christ...)
What fun for all of you, Jean! New Years with D&D will be a blast. Nothing wrong with eating out Christmas Eve. You will probably find you have a lot of company.

We are spending Christmas Eve at Holly's house. She has the most room now to hold a crowd, so that has become a tradition. She will have a honey-baked ham and a cold vegetable tray. The rest of us are making side dishes. Heather will make some kind of cheesey-potato casserole, I'm taking fruit salad, cocktail meatballs, little smokies wrapped in crescent dough, and of course, Christmas cookies. My sister is bringing bakery rolls and beverages and my in-laws always bring a shrimp cocktail platter.

Christmas morning/noon, Ron and I are doing brunch for anyone who shows up.(most likely just our kids and my dad) We will have quiches, fruit salad, and cinnamon rolls. Late afternoon, we are going to my in-laws to help set up for dinner with that side of the family.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Christmas & New Year's Menus and Plans???? 2012 by Mare749 (What fun for all of ...)
I know! And I am clueless with the lack of camping cooking packing experience help me Obi Wan
  Re: Re: Christmas & New Year's Menus and Plans???? 2012 by DFen911 (I know! And I am clu...)
Really, I just cook anything in the trailer that I do at home. Have done Wellingtons, bread making and of course pizza making,etc. Can't think of anything I don't or at least try to make. Well, haven't made ice cream and only because of freezer room.

I'll send some ideas to you and jump start your imagination.

P.S. and this is Christmassy.... My youngest great-granddaughter, Aubree, 2+ mos.
[Image: Aubree.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Christmas & New Year's Menus and Plans???? 2012 by cjs (Really, I just cook ...)
Awwwwww! Precious!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Christmas & New Year's Menus and Plans???? 2012 by Gourmet_Mom (Awwwwww! Precious!...)
Omg she is so freaking cute!!!
  Re: Re: Christmas & New Year's Menus and Plans???? 2012 by DFen911 (Omg she is so freaki...)
What a great picture! He is insisting on seafood for Christmas Eve, lots of shrimp, his tradition. I'm making Tourtieres, that's my tradition. For New year's. I'm sending them to Baltimore, then I can make whatever I want. I think it will be Maryann's Leftover Pork in Pappardelle.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Christmas & New Year's Menus and Plans???? 2012 by Lorraine (What a great picture...)
I hope you like it as much as we do, Lorraine.

Jean, that is a beautiful baby! Just makes you want to pick her up and snuggle!

I forgot to mention New Year's Eve/Day, but that's because we don't have any real plans just yet, but that's okay.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Christmas & New Year's Menus and Plans???? 2012 by Mare749 (I hope you like it a...)
Beautiful picture Jean! We have plans to see my dad and his wife this weekend for Christmas, then Brad's family on Monday, Christmas Eve. Then we will be home, together, just the four of us on Christmas Day and for the New Year. That is my favorite part of the holidays. When it's just us, no packing, traveling, unpacking, cooking, transporting food, etc. I just love cooking a holiday meal at my home with my hubby and kids.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura