Dinner on Thursday, 12/20/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all today??

It's supposed to reach almost 70 today, so I'm grilling something.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner on Thursday, 12/20/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I will be having what I said I would have last night... Shoot! Some days just don't go as planned
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
I'm clueless right now. I'll get back to this. LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner on Thursday, 12/20/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm clueless right n...)
We're doing pizza, AGAIN. This time two smaller ones. Not sure of the toppings yet.
  Re: Re: Dinner on Thursday, 12/20/12?? by Trixxee (We're doing pizza, A...)
"We're doing pizza, AGAIN" - this from a gal who 6 months ago couldn't spell pizza.

I'm playing this a.m. - just made a quick Prosciutto roll - spread deli mustard on a sheet of rolled out puff pastry; top with Asiago and lay prosciutto over (no prosciutto, so used thin sliced salami). Roll up and refrigerate for a while or freeze. Cut into 1/4" slices and bake. sounds like it will be good with a bowl of soup.

Also, roasting butternut squash to make a pasta sauce out of which sounds good too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Well, today was the site-wide Holiday Party and Hubby and I are stuffed to the gills. I have a ham steak in the fridge, but may only eat a small salad tonight.

The pulled pork went over well and is nearly gone - I'd say 1/4 of the crock pot left.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Dinner on Thursday, 12/20/12?? by Trixxee (We're doing pizza, A...)
Trixxee, have you tried Jean's "Creole Seafood and Sausage Pizza?" It's one of our favorites!

Tonight, we will be having a variation on a variation. How's that for a mouthful!

Using Jean's marinade that was inspired by a C@H recipe and some leftover pork shoulder, I'm going to make a pulled pork sandwich on a toasted roll, drizzle some of the sauce, and top with the coleslaw from her "Asian Inspired Pork Tenderloin and Coleslaw" that she developed from a C@H recipe.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner on Thursday, 12/20/12?? by Mare749 (Trixxee, have you tr...)
Now doesn't that sound like a great variation - duly copied

Well, piddle, I have a hunk of pork thawed out, I think I'll copy Maryann's variation and have it ready for anything this weekend.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner on Thursday, 12/20/12?? by cjs (Now doesn't that sou...)
While grocery shopping, today, I got a craving for cheesesteak, so I picked up some beef, some rolls and some Provolone. Already had one for lunch and it was SO GOOD! Going to have the same for dinner!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dinner on Thursday, 12/20/12?? by labradors (While grocery shoppi...)
My kind of guy, Labs! Love cheese steaks. Maryann - I haven't tried it but would be interested in it.

Well, I wanted to put sausage on our pizzas tonight but they just didn't look that great at the store. Hopefully we'll be visiting our favorite Italian restaurant in Newport Beach while Tony's off for 10 days and take home some sausage. One pizza will be pepperoni and mushroom and the other will be mushroom, fresh tomato, basil and I'll throw a few sliced shallot rings on there.