What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/22/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're exploring - a museum that is supposed to be very interesting, going back to Market Broiler and buy some fish and across the street is Trader Joe's!!!!!! (I have little pockets of space in the freezer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/22/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Speaking of Trader Joe's, I'm finally having my Lobster Ravioli! I'm going to use Vikki's idea and serve them with a Pink Sauce, unless someone has a better idea. I'll have a salad and garlic toast on the side.

Just looked at the pink sauce recipe and realized it calls for fresh basil, which I don't have. Could I use a tablespoon of peso for the ten leaves of basil?

Have fun, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/22/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Speaking of Trader J...)
We are actually having a meatless meal (but will have those sliders for lunch!). Tony's grandmother used to make this and we saw it on The Sandwich King's show a few weeks ago. Spaghetti and broccoli aglio olio.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jeff-...index.html
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/22/12?? by Trixxee (We are actually havi...)
Trixxee, I love those simple pasta recipes. Thanks for posting that one. On the same page, there is a link to a sausage roll that sounds good, too!

Not sure what we will be having for dinner just yet, due to plumbing problems in the kitchen. Hopefully, Ron will be able to get it fixed today.

ETA: just went back to that page to get the sausage roll recipe, and the link was gone.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/22/12?? by Mare749 (Trixxee, I love thos...)
You're welcome Maryann!

Well, I was mistaken. Apparently Tony cannot go meatless for one dinner so he's driving down to Newport to pick up some of this sausage. The goat cheese lover would like these.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/stickaforkinit...ausage.php
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/22/12?? by Mare749 (Trixxee, I love thos...)
Okay, on to plan B! Jody will be here and I don't want to share my ravioli with him.....bad me!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/22/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, on to plan B! ...)
MA - was it this?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jeff-...index.html
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/22/12?? by Trixxee (MA - was it this?[br...)
Yes! Doesn't that sound delicious?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/22/12?? by Trixxee (MA - was it this?[br...)
Daphne -Yum...no wait lol

Tacos tonight for us. Last night we into town to the Dam Lounge (yes it's by a dam) for burgers and music. Burger was great, music was loud (I am getting old lol).

Packing our trailer up today for our trip south.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/22/12?? by DFen911 (Daphne -Yum...no wai...)
We are going meatless tonight . . . from the newest Food & Wine - Toasted Farro and Scallions with Cauliflower and Egg. I'm going to poach the eggs and use the whole egg rather than throwing out the whies.

I have a iced down cooler (like you really need ice at these temps! )full of wonderful goodies for the next week - we'll be alone for Christmas so I think my duck breasts may on the menu.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!