What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/23/12??
  Re: (...)
Good morning everyone - what's on the menu for today??

I have fresh trout to fry and I'm going with fried potatoes and onions to go with. YUM!!!!!

Later, we'll have a Butternut-Parmesan sauce I made for Pasta.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/23/12?? by cjs (Good morning everyon...)
Tonight it's chicken Kiev with a veggie side.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/23/12?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's chicken...)
I am really planless right now but whatever it is all ingredients need to be in the house. Tony went to the store yesterday and there was virtually no parking to be had - he's never seen a grocery store so crowded. I cannot deal with that.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/23/12?? by Trixxee (I am really planless...)
Chicken Kiev was one of my favourites when I was much younger, but I haven't had it in ages. I need to make it and it's funny you should choose it for tonight, Blane, since I just got done watching the episode of Good Eats that had Chicken Kiev in it.

P.S.: For those who are interested, check out the GoodEatsComplete "channel" on YouTube. It has all except four or five of the complete episodes AND all of the specials (including the behind-the-scenes stuff). What a resource!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/23/12?? by labradors (Chicken Kiev was one...)
Very handy resource Labs - thanks! Bookmarking it.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/23/12?? by Trixxee (Very handy resource ...)
Wow! Great resource, Labs! I'll have to spend some time investigating.

We're going to have a chicken stir fry...something light and veggie-heavy before the real eating begins!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/23/12?? by karyn (Wow! Great resource,...)
I am thinking a nice homey beef stew with parsley dumplings. I haven't made this in a while, it's perfect cold weather food.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/23/12?? by Harborwitch (I am thinking a nice...)
Ron is now working on upstairs plumbing, so once again no water! This has been a real PIA. No water in the kitchen at all for 3 days while trying to bake for Christmas. Just got the kitchen up to speed last night, now he decides to tackle the upstairs bathroom, so once again, no water!

Sorry for whining. I really am thankful that my hubbie is so handy, but....

I'm thinking maybe we should go hit a local dive for cocktails and bar food.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/23/12?? by Mare749 (Ron is now working o...)
I THINK I'm finally going to have the lobster ravioli. The kids will be here, so they will get to enjoy it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/23/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (I THINK I'm finally ...)
TROUT BREAKFAST!!! Oh my, it was wonderful! Had to buy the darn trout, but it was wo worth it.

Made a corn and bacon salsa as a bed for the trout and fried potatoes with onions and garlic. Wew. Are we happy campers!!

[Image: Dec22ndTroutwcornandbacnsalsa.jpg]

We'll be a few days after Christmas, so think I'll fully develop the salsa recipe for a book - it's just delicious with the fish. And, more trout!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com