A different kind of copycat recipe
  Re: (...)
Although there are many sources of copycat recipes for all kinds of restaurant-food recipes, I stumbled upon a listing for a book with copycat recipes of something I would not have expected: beer. Of course, I'm not a beer drinker, anyway - I like to cook with it, not drink it, but I figured this may be of interested to somebody on the forum.

Clone Brews says it has recipes that will allow home brewers to make copycat versions of 200 commercial brands of beer, including things like Anchor Steam, Bass and Dos Equis.

Apparently, the first edition of the book (with 150 recipes) came out around 1998 and this second edition was 2010, so it has been out there a while, but it's the first I've seen anything like it (again, of course, I wouldn't have been looking for it, either), but if any of you do make your own beer, maybe this could be something handy for you.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: A different kind of copycat recipe by labradors (Although there are m...)
Labs, this is great! One of my SIL's makes his own beer once in a while for a hobby. He might really like this!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A different kind of copycat recipe by Mare749 (Labs, this is great!...)
Interesting---as always, Labs. We are not beer fans either (I think we have some beer from twenty years ago still sitting in the bar area and fermenting---guess I should discard it...what do ya think? ) but I also like to cook with it.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: A different kind of copycat recipe by Roxanne 21 (Interesting---as alw...)
We used to make beer in the 70s & 80s but not since then. The kids would always insist we also make their Rootbeer at the same time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com