No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12
  Re: (...)
I think all of our menus have been posted on the Christmas sticky, but if ya'all just want to chat - we can do that, too.

IT'S RAINING! Shouldn't complain, it's been absolutely beautiful here for a week, but that's my nature when I have to be in rain.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 by cjs (I think all of our m...)
Where are you now, Jean?

Starting the sauce soon. The house is going to smell AMAZING today!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 by Gourmet_Mom (Where are you now, J...)
We're still in Riverside, CA for a few more days.

I'll be getting the 18 hour bread going as soon as He (as Lorraine says ) gets up. Then some pizza dough going and the compote/chutney/whatever sauce I decide to do for the brie.

Also, bake the beets for 2 or 3 roasted beet & chevre combinations for the next 2 or 3 days.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 by cjs (We're still in River...)
Since this is bound to be just a chit chat thread -

I picked up at BevMo the other day, 2 miniature bottles to play with -

Watermelon Vodka
La Poire (pear) Grey Goose

I'm off to google ideas, but has anyone used either of these for a goodie drink?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 by cjs (Since this is bound ...)
The rain seems to be letting up here. I hope. Need to dash to Marie Callendar's for a pie.
  Re: Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 by Trixxee (The rain seems to be...)
Not much happening here. Did a final clean-up on the house this a.m. A bit gloomy here, cold, and still have snow. Taking Charlie to the park soon for a good walk. When we were there yesterday, all the geese were gone and only a few ducks were left swimming in the pond.

Will be making apps after that to take to Holly's, so I'll be signing off shortly. Have a fun evening everyone!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 by Mare749 (Not much happening h...)
I'm making Tourtieres today, the kitchen smells great, then a Pear Tart for tomorrow. It's snowing, and it reminds me of home!!! Have a great day everyone.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 by Lorraine (I'm making Tourtiere...)
Jean, Ashley recommends Hippie Juice . The recipe is at the bottom. I'm not sure how easy it would be to scale down?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, Ashley recomme...)
Today I made the Rocky Road Brownies from issue #97, they'll be for Christmas dinner dessert tomorrow.

[Image: Rockyroadbrownies_zps82da1e72.jpg]
  Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 by cjs (I think all of our m...)
This is what we got up to this morning!

[Image: DSCN6669_zpsc2988995.jpg]
[Image: DSCN6663_zps175f07ef.jpg]

Here we are - home sweet home[Image: DSCN6665_zpsf2d6cdeb.jpg]

We're going to get the mock tenderloin and duck legs ready for the smoker tomorrow (I'll pan sear the breasts). Steaks and a salad are dinner tonight. Easy.

Have a great day everyone!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!