What's for Dinner, Wed., 12/26/12??
  Re: (...)
anything but leftovers around the country??

I'm going to look thru the C@H cd for some beet ideas - I still have lots of diced up little jewels to enjoy. Plus goat cheese.

Tracie was supposed to go to the coast (of Oregon) yesterday with her 'friend' - but the weather kept them close to home. Anyway, she mentioned picking up some T-bones and now I can't get that out of my head, so probably in a day or two, T-bones!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 12/26/12?? by cjs (anything but leftove...)
Well I just have to play with one of my new presents! Mom got me an electric fryer! I just haven't had the nerve to go with oil in a pot, so I haven't had one of my favorite things in a long time.....Buffalo Chicken Wings in a long time! So that and FRIED sweet potato fries and a salad are dinner tonight! I'll be making Jean's Blue Cheese Dressing to go along with!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 12/26/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well I just have to ...)
Oh Daphne, you have an electric skillet - now you have no excuse not to experiment with Cold Oil Chicken!!!!! Dare ya.

I forgot to mention - we're going to see Les Mis today - I even have my old sweatshirt from seeing it in S.F. years and years ago!!! So excited and taking a box of kleenex.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 12/26/12?? by cjs (anything but leftove...)
I have no idea what to have yet. Been mulling that over all morning. Something with wine I believe... The Henry Estate Pinot Nior is staring at me. Don't know if I can wait a week or month to try it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 12/26/12?? by luvnit (I have no idea what ...)
Jean, it's a deep fryer. I have yet to talk Mom out of her electric skillet to try the chicken. I need to try again soon. Have fun at the play!

Laura, good luck with waiting!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 12/26/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, it's a deep fr...)
Daphne, surely you have a big 'ol cast iron frying pan??? Best way to make fried chicken ever!!!

Can't wait to see Les Mis. One of the first shows we went to see when we started going to the theater. Anne Hathaway is such a sweetheart! She was on Ellen last week and I was so touched by how humble she is.

Dinner tonight is a huge assortment of l/os from the past two days. So, we'll call it Tapas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 12/26/12?? by Mare749 (Daphne, surely you h...)
Can't make Cold Oil Chicken in anything but an electric skillet.

And, this is the sweatshirt I bought years ago after seeing Les Mis in S.F. I've just worn it to death!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 12/26/12?? by cjs (Can't make Cold Oil ...)
I'll be doing the duck 2 ways today. Actually 3 ways, pan seared or grilled breasts, smoked legs, and stock from the roasted carcass. I have some left over grits that I'll fry up to go with the duck breasts. I'm also going to render off as much of the fat as I can.

Bob wanted me to do "duck in kraut" but I wanted lighter. I might have to get another duck for his request.
Enjoy the movie Jean.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 12/26/12?? by Harborwitch (I'll be doing the du...)
Oh Oh, don't know where I posted the picture of the sweatshirt... We saw it on stage in S.F. in the late 70s or early 80s???? Fantastic!
[Image: LesMisSweatshirt.jpg]

Here's breakfast - Red Flannel Hash (but no corned beef, had to use smoked mock tenderloin from last summer) Man, what a great dish!! Have enough leftover to have a repeat tomorrow a.m.

[Image: Dec26RedFlannelHashRiverside.jpg]

and then I can practice soft cooked eggs - darn, I don't have this down pat yet, overcooked!!
[Image: Dec26RedFlannelHash.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 12/26/12?? by cjs (Oh Oh, don't know wh...)
I am so wiped out from spending Christmas and the night at my sister's house that all I am going to manage is defrosting some bbq glazed meatloaf Tony made a few weeks ago, a baked potato and corn.