What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/27/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

We're having a 2nd batch of Red Flannel hash this morning with another go at my soft cooked eggs - I will overcome these little buggers!!

Later, we're having a vegetable couscous (w/roasted butternut squash, chickpeas, tomatoes, curry seasoning) that caught my eye a while back.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/27/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Going out with my childhood girlfriends tonight here:

http://coolplacestoeat.com/fatcats.html

The menu is interesting, check it out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/27/12?? by Mare749 (Going out with my ch...)
That's an awesome menu, Maryann! Have fun!

I know I'm having flank steak, because it's already thawed. I just don't know what I'm going to do with it or have with it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/27/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (That's an awesome me...)
We wound up having pizza last night (not homemade) so tonight it's the bbq glazed meatloaf, potatoes and corn. I'm hoping to convince Michael and Tony to go out for a seafood lunch today.

Edited to add: Have fun Maryann! Looks like a can't miss menu.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/27/12?? by Trixxee (We wound up having p...)
Oh yum, Maryann - I love finding plating/dish ideas for cookbook and found quite a few.

Pizza grape jam, blue cheese, duck confit, Lake Erie creamery chevre, spiced walnut
Warmed Goat Cheese crostini, tomato jam
Dumplings duck confit filled, served with soy dipping sauce
Crispy House Fries fennel salt, farm fried egg, tomato jam – would love to see how this one is served!! (hint, hint)

Barbecue Ribs Korean style, napa cabbage, pommes frites, spicy soy barbecue sauce
Pan Roasted Salmon house cured bacon, brussels sprouts, black pepper spaetzles, maple butter
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/27/12?? by cjs (Oh yum, Maryann - I ...)
I'll order them, Jean, if the others agree to help eat them. We're going for happy hour and to share small plates. I don't know if we will have room for much else. I'm taking my camera and will try to remember to take pics.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/27/12?? by cjs (Oh yum, Maryann - I ...)
Have a great night out with your friends. That menu has me drooling!

Tonight it's steak Diane, potato confit and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/27/12?? by losblanos1 (Have a great night o...)
Remember, Maryann, remember!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/27/12?? by cjs (Remember, Maryann, r...)
Just a leftover turkey dinner---nothing special but made the groom happy!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/27/12?? by Mare749 (Going out with my ch...)

I'll have the brussell sprouts and the duck confit dumplings, please.

PJ
PJ