What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/30/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm in a quandry - I have 3 things that need to be eaten up or I won't get to them until Wednesday, so I'll have to throw something away. No more room in the freezer again.

Got lots of prep work to do today so I can visit with D&D tomorrow and not be stuck cooking.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/30/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're going bowling again today - this time with my sister's family and my mom is coming along too and then after that we are all going to The Outback armed with gift cards. I might get a No Rules Burger - I think they make some of the best hamburgers you can get out.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/30/12?? by Trixxee (We're going bowling ...)
I have no idea, here. We are traveling today, so dinner will depend on when we get home and what I can scrounge up.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/30/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Quote:

I'm in a quandry - I have 3 things that need to be eaten up ...

What three things? Maybe you should play Chopped.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/30/12?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I have leftovers. I have smoked duck, pizza dough, stuff to make both smoked duck tacos or a stab at that pizza (found grape jam). Now to see what we figure out. It's freezing. If we get to town a Vietnamese duck soup sounds awfully good.

Fortunately it is so cold here I have a giant "walk in" outside. Down in the teens last night - maybe 20 today.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/30/12?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Asian Inspired sauced chicken
pizza dough
meatloaf

You're right, Labs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/30/12?? by Harborwitch (I have leftovers. I...)
Quote:

I have leftovers. I have smoked duck, pizza dough, stuff to make both smoked duck tacos or a stab at that pizza (found grape jam). Now to see what we figure out. It's freezing. If we get to town a Vietnamese duck soup sounds awfully good.

Fortunately it is so cold here I have a giant "walk in" outside. Down in the teens last night - maybe 20 today.

Sharon, if you make the pizza with the grape jam, just put little dabs here and there on the pizza, not all over it. Less is more. It was just lightly sprinkled with toppings.

Also, I don't think that the whole thing was cooked. The dough was thin and crispy almost like a cracker, and the rest of the ingredients were sort of room temp, so I'm thinking it was topped after the dough was baked.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/30/12?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Southern Fried Chicken, potato for him, sweet potato for me, and salad.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/30/12?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks for the hints Maryann. I am thinking the smoked (over cherry)duck would be interesting and I do have a bit of breast leftover.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/30/12?? by Harborwitch (Thanks for the hints...)
Cheeseburgers and fries---homemade.........something a little more homey and simple
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy