What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 1/2/13????
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone? Still leftovers?

We're on the road today, so I'm glad I have some Pasta Carbonara leftover - it was so tasty yesterday. I also have a staling 18 hour partial loaf of bread to make a bread pudding out of - I'm thinking the pineapple one we were all making a couple years ago....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 1/2/13???? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am making the C@H Senate Bean Soup this morning. It's almost done and ready for the crock pot!

This was Joe's request, he loves beans and ham. He saw the cover photo and wanted to try it.

I will probably make the Honey Cornbread too! Wish I had Jean's cast iron pan for corn bread! But I will probably use a cast iron skillet for the task.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/2/13???? by luvnit (I am making the [url...)
Pork tenderloin with peaches----C@H recipe
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/2/13???? by luvnit (I am making the [url...)
Laura,

I made that yesterday. It makes a lot, too. I wasn't too crazy about the smoked ham hocks. I'm generally not too crazy about smoked anything, actually. I slow-cooked the soup with them, but then I cubed a ham steak and used that instead of shredding the hocks. And it took the whole package of dried potato flakes to thicken the soup up a bit. Not very flavorful, IMO. I'm curious how you'll find it.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/2/13???? by BarbaraS (Laura,[br][br]I made...)
Thanks Barbara for the tips. You are right, I agree, a little bit of smoke flavor goes a long way. I did get a whole box of potato flakes and was wondering if I would ever use them again. Good to know I may not have to worry about that.

Did you make the cornbread too?
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/2/13???? by luvnit (Thanks Barbara for t...)
No, I didn't make the cornbread because I'd be the only one eating it.

Pssst - someone give Jean a little nudge - it's Wednesday.

Barbara

ETA: The package of potato flakes was very small - like 1 cup total.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/2/13???? by BarbaraS (No, I didn't make th...)
I was going to get that small package of potato flakes too! But I opted for the box which was .30 more.
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/2/13???? by luvnit (I was going to get t...)
So, what's you point, Barbara????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 1/2/13???? by cjs (So, what's you point...)
I 'think' I'm making chicken fried steak and an undetermined vegetable.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 1/2/13???? by Trixxee (I 'think' I'm making...)
On the road as well...huh that's weird lol. (jk)

Anywho I have some of the bacon cheese wraps left over and 10oz piece of pork tenderloin I think I'll grill. darn I should have stole some of that miso glaze from Jean!