T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

Travel day for us - one night in Blythe, then on to Apache Junction - where we'll meet up with a cousin and also see Chef Dave Nelson and Pam. So, leftovers of some sort for us today.

P.S. This happens to be National Spaghetti Day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm doing Melissa d'Arabian's slow cooker carnitas, that also later get crisped up.

Not sure of the sides yet. I might make a tomatillo salsa, I might make Caribbean black beans or I might make a cabbage fennel slaw. Probably going to go with the salsa and slaw.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (I'm doing Melissa d'...)
We're at the wharf today, had a slight snafu yesterday and didn't make it. I am going to try more fish today and fine one I enjoy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by DFen911 (We're at the wharf t...)
I would love to be at the wharf... but... no such luck. I have not a clue in the world what I will make. Since Jean said it was National Spaghetti Day, maybe I can make spaghetti pie.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by luvnit (I would love to be a...)
Hope you took your camera, Denise.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by cjs (Hope you took your c...)
I'm not a fan of fishy fish either, Denise, but I somehow raised two boys who love it...go figure!

I think I'm making Chicken Francese. I'll probably serve it with brown rice pilaf and green beans.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by karyn (I'm not a fan of fis...)
Surely there's one out there for you, Denise! Have you tried catfish, grouper, or dolphin (Mahi Mahi)?

Cricket and I are back on schedule with steak night!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Surely there's one o...)
Denise- as Jean can attest, if you ever come across sandabs, try it/them.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (Denise- as Jean can...)
Tonight it's Seared Filets with mushroom sauce and asparagus, which I'll cook in my new pot that arrived today.

[Image: Asparaguspot_zps19df57b2.jpg]
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's Seared ...)
Trixxee, are you talking about those little critters that live in the sand at ocean's edge and disappear into the sand as the water recedes? People eat those?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.