What's for Dinner, Saturday, 1/5/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all?

I found a pkg. of Asian chicken in the freezer, so will have it when we arrive in Apache Junction.

By the way, the Pioneer Woman's Kahlua-Pecan Brie topping is wonderful on French toast. That stuff is just amazing.
[Image: Jan4thFrToastwKahluaPecantopping_zpsb71ba23b.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 1/5/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It's our anniversary, (39 years) so we will be going out!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 1/5/13?? by Mare749 (It's our anniversary...)
Congrats Maryann!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 1/5/13?? by BarbaraS (Congrats Maryann!! ...)
Jean, that looks sooooo good!

Congratulations, Maryann and Ron!

I'm not sure yet. I'm meal planning today, so we'll see!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 1/5/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, that looks soo...)
Congratulations Maryann! Enjoy your dinner out!

Well, I was going to make pork tenderloin medallions with a mushroom sauce just to get away from chicken for one day but the response was underwhelming so I guess now I'll make C@H's creamy tarragon chicken with mushrooms (made it a few weeks ago and it was very, very good). I have a big fennel bulb to use so I'm thinking this braised carrot and fennel recipe will go well with the chicken.

http://foodandstyle.com/2012/04/10/carro...and-honey/
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 1/5/13?? by Trixxee (Congratulations Mary...)
Congrats Maryann!!

Travel day for us heading to Red Bluff so probably will grill hotdogs
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 1/5/13?? by DFen911 (Congrats Maryann!! [...)
My hubby went out today and picked up some mussels and some fresh tuna.

I am going to cook the mussels in beer and have them as an appetizer. Then for dinner a F&W recipe Linguine with Seared Tuna and Green Olive Tapenade.

[Image: original.jpg]

We will have a nice beer with the mussels and a red with the linguine.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 1/5/13?? by luvnit (My hubby went out to...)
Congrats Maryann and Ron!
We are having the Peruvian Chicken from the recipe Denise used. It looks so good!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 1/5/13?? by farnfam (Congrats Maryann and...)
Another day when everything sounds so good!!

Congratulations, Maryann and Ron!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 1/5/13?? by cjs (Another day when eve...)
Congratulations, Maryann and Ron!

We did some freezer diving... Cincinnati Chili. We finished tiling the back splash in the kitchen at our lake house, and comfort food really fit the bill.

I need to start planning for reality....back to school on Monday. I love my job, but I could use a few more days off, y'know?