Microwave thoughts? Kitchen remodel!
  Re: (...)
I think we've narrowed our decision to a Whirlpool WMH76718AB or a Maytag MMV6180WS. Not sure, we've heard conflicting reports about max convection temp and we're waiting for answers. It's a big purchase so we'll be drinking plonk and eating beans for a while. Since I don't have another oven, and need a microwave and hood . . .

Then for this summer we have 3 Burner cooktop! Of course I figure the fridge will "belly up" right afterwards. . . just before my hoped for new sink.

If anyone has any experience with either of these "over the range convection microwave" models I'd love to hear feedback.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Microwave thoughts? Kitchen remodel! by Harborwitch (I think we've narrow...)
I don't' know about those, but DD's high end Miele only went to 375 high in convection (Ok because her Viking stove also has a convection oven). Consumer Reports did not rate the Maytag very highly if you ever use their ratings.
  Re: Re: Microwave thoughts? Kitchen remodel! by Cubangirl (I don't' know about ...)
Our old one went to 450. I have used CR's rankings with both good and bad results. The best microwave I've ever had as far as actually working was a $40 Goldstar! It's in ND and wouldn't work in this situation.
  Re: Re: Microwave thoughts? Kitchen remodel! by Harborwitch (Our old one went to ...)
We love our Panasonic Inverter oven. It is not convection, but otherwise great. It cooks fast and fits a 9X13 pan on the roundtable which means I don't have to turn anything and can make my 6 layer bar cookies. In addition to our big oven which has convection, our Breville toaster oven does as well. That one will also fit a 9X13 pan without handles or a round 13 pizza pan and does go up to at least 450.

I don't know if Panasonic makes an over the stove one, but that would be my choice if they did.
  Re: Re: Microwave thoughts? Kitchen remodel! by Cubangirl (We love our Panasoni...)
I'm no help Sharon. Between you, Jean and Denise I'm amazed at the dishes you guys cook in an RV. We have used our oven once in 7 years (the people before us never used it) and have used the micro/convection maybe 12 times. It's been used so infrequently I don't even know what the model of the micro is.

Good luck in your purchase. Picking the right appliance for any use can be overwhelming for me.
  Re: Re: Microwave thoughts? Kitchen remodel! by Trixxee (I'm no help Sharon. ...)
Wow, Trixxee, no wonder every oven in every vehicle we've bought has always had the best looking ovens. I just thought they were a heck of a lot neater cooking than me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Microwave thoughts? Kitchen remodel! by cjs (Wow, Trixxee, no won...)
The Weber Q is our best friend. And the crock pot. And local restaurants.
  Re: Re: Microwave thoughts? Kitchen remodel! by Cubangirl (We love our Panasoni...)
Panasonic makes a couple convection/microwave/over the range models. Problem is that they are 1.1 cubic ft., 850 watts, and don't have all the features we're looking for. We had a Panasonic Inverter Microwave and loved it until it died.

We have to have the convection since this is our only oven. The two we're looking at are 1.8 cf - we can get a 12" pizza in either of them. We really tried to figure out how to get that Breville to work in here. We thought maybe where the ancient 2 slice toaster oven is - but it's too big.

Jean that's funny - the one we have didn't look like it had ever been used - of course the whole coach looked like it had never been used. Sadly that's not the case now!