NYC--New Years
  Re: (...)
Dateline 12/31/12, 2:20 pm, Times square 7th & 37th--Bill & Jane fighting thru a crowd, crushed, pushing, cursing--realizing the police had closed the streets early, fought their way back to 37th and went to 8th, met 2 other over 60's couples looking for the Marriott Marquis--showed our passes to a kind policeman and finally made it to our room!!! We had a substantual lunch at Grand Central--Blue point oysters, bouillabaisse, and grouper, so we just had a sandwich at the hotel later, got a bottle of cava, went to the room, watched a part of Times Square and a stage (and 100,000 people, there were 1MM total there), watched the ball drop on our TV and were within 15 feet of a bathroom. Heaven. Culinary and Broadway details tomorrow!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: NYC--New Years by Old Bay (Dateline 12/31/12, 2...)
Sounds like fun! The being in the hotel and 15 feet from the bathroom while watching in NYC!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: NYC--New Years by Harborwitch (Sounds like fun! Th...)
You forgot to add the REALLY late random phone call you received from Jean and I

Lol had no idea you were in New York which made our phone call even an hour later...SORRY!

Now can't wait to hear and see pics of your night
  Re: Re: NYC--New Years by DFen911 (You forgot to add th...)
It was Denise's phone and all her idea! (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it) To tell the truth, I didn't even remember talking to you until late ( ) New Year's day.

What a fun trip that must have been.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: NYC--New Years by cjs (It was Denise's phon...)
Lol it was not! That was all you you were gonna make Roy go to your trailer to get his phone number and I said oh I have Bill's number...it was down hill from there lol.
  Re: Re: NYC--New Years by DFen911 (Lol it was not! That...)
That is too funny--how many dead soldiers did you say were on the floor?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: NYC--New Years by Old Bay (That is too funny--h...)
Well let's see... 3 bottles of Champagne, 5 bottles of wine, and some vodka.

But we started around 2pm so it took some time
  Re: NYC--New Years by Old Bay (Dateline 12/31/12, 2...)
That sounds like fun Bill. I have always wanted to go to NYC for New Year's.

Denise, sounds like the four of you had quite the time! Very nice evening.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: NYC--New Years by luvnit (That sounds like fun...)
And, how soon will this thread sink to the bowels of the basement??????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: NYC--New Years by cjs (And, how soon will t...)
Nice, Bill! Can't wait to hear more details!

Somebody had a lot of fun, New Year's Eve! I can't imagine how you all were still functioning at midnight! ROFLOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.